PDA

View Full Version : Download the NXE Dashboard Update Early..Be Warned

Djdoubt03
11-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Here is that leaked file.

Download Xbox 360 NXE Dashboard (http://digiex.net/homebrew/594-xbox-360-nxe-preview-dashboard-exclusive-early-download.html)

PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO WAY TO UNINSTALL THIS ONCE INSTALLED. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS XBOX LIVE UNTIL NOVEMBER 19TH!

I’ve been asked several times if I’m in the NXE Beta and if I leaked this, no I’m not in the beta and no I did not leak this. Someone on the Xbox-Scene forums posted saying it was available on newsgroups to download which it was.

How to install:

Put the $SystemUpdate folder in the root of a CD or USB Stick

http://upload.digiex.net/files/qr2kkybn41vmnmy1vugk.jpg

Now with the 360 on the dashboard put the CD/USB Stick in your 360 and you should be asked to install it, if not turn it off then on again.

You cannot create an avatar until the 19th, this requires another download after you install the NXE dashboard

For those of you worrying about getting banned, this email has been going around the web, notice what’s in bold.

The Xbox 360 Fall Flash update will be available to you by 8pm PST on October 30th (11pm EST on October 30th, 3am GMT on October 31st).

While exploring the New Xbox Experience (NXE), you may come across bugs or have some suggestions. Please share those with us by going to Microsoft Connect and clicking on the Feedback link.

If you would like to post comments regarding your experiences with the New Xbox Experience, or interact with other preview participants please use the Newsgroups link on the connect site. Although we are monitoring the newsgroups, all bugs and suggestions should be filed using the Feedback link.

If you need technical assistance with the Xbox 360 Fall Flash and you're in the US or Canada and speak English; you can call #. Phone lines will be open between the hours of 8am and 6pm CST. Please do not publish or share this phone number with people that are not participating in the Preview Program

In participation with this program, you should not move your storage device (hard drive, or memory unit if you do not have a hard drive) to any other console as it will also update that console. If an unregistered console is updated with the NXE update, that console will not be able to connect to Xbox LIVE until the NXE has been officially released on November 19th.

Please remember that your participation in the Public Preview Program is subject to the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use.

We thank you for your participation and hope that you enjoy the New Xbox Experience.

See you online,

The Xbox 360 team

From that, it seems pretty clear that if the Dash is installed on another Xbox 360 not on the beta list, it just can't access Xbox Live until the 19th.

Source (http://digiex.net/homebrew/594-xbox-360-nxe-preview-dashboard-exclusive-early-download.html)

has anyone tried this yet?

LiNuX
11-03-2008, 12:06 AM
please don't double post, simply edit your previous post - makes it easier for all of us

Djdoubt03
11-03-2008, 12:26 AM
sorry didn't realise I DPed this. I'm on 56k and must have got impatient and clicked submit too many times.