PDA

View Full Version : FOX cancels King Of The Hill.

Scott
11-09-2008, 05:20 AM
Link (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38935)

I never liked it anyway.

Juicebox
11-09-2008, 07:55 AM
what the heck is the Cleveland Show.

Riku-Nara
11-09-2008, 08:54 AM
King of the Hill and American Dad were the only shows i liked.
Does Seth McFarlane really needs to have three shows of his, in a 2 hour block?

LiNuX
11-10-2008, 12:11 AM
never really liked it, didn't make me laugh like the simpsons or family guy - and i already heard it long before the thread opened

jakncoke
11-10-2008, 12:18 AM
never really liked it, didn't make me laugh like the simpsons or family guy - and i already heard it long before the thread opened

ya old news is old, but yeah this kinda sucks as I kinda like it but nothing to fret about.

@ Scot, awesome that your posting news but couldn't you give us up to date news?, I mean hell it was announced on Oct 31st, that's nearly 2 weeks ago

Jaykub
11-10-2008, 12:20 AM
OMFG NO!

I love king of the hill. I hope it comes back

jakncoke
11-10-2008, 12:23 AM
OMFG NO!

I love king of the hill. I hope it comes back

haha you may be in luck, scanning through the wiki page and I came up with this source from the 4th

By James Hibberd

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fox's canceled veteran animated series "King of the Hill" could reign again at ABC.

Sources said the network is eyeing "King" as a companion for its upcoming animated comedy "The Goode Family," which comes from "King" co-creator Mike Judge.

A spokesman for "King of the Hill" producer 20th Century Fox TV would only confirm "another network" is interested in the show. ABC had no comment.

At a time when shows are being renewed while earning modest ratings, "King of the Hill" is doing nearly as well as CBS' breakout freshman show "The Mentalist." Sunday's outing, boosted by "The Simpsons" Halloween episode, hit a season high of 8.6 million viewers.

While a possible pairing of "King" and "Goode" would make a lot of sense for ABC, creating such an animated block would be difficult logistically.

It takes nine months to produce new "King" episodes. So while "Goode" is slated for midseason, "King" won't be ready until next fall. If ABC orders "King" and "Goode" flops, it's left with an expensive cartoon next fall with no partner.

Another option for "Hill" is to move to cable. But between the animation and voice talent, "King" is considered pricey and probably too rich for a cable network, such as Adult Swim.

If ABC were to pick up the show, it would mark the second series to change broadcast networks in the past year -- the first being "Scrubs'" move from NBC to ABC. ABC also expressed interest in CBS' "The New Adventures of Old Christine" when the show was on the bubble last year. All three titles are half-hour shows, a format the network has had some difficulty programing.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

http://www.reuters.com/article/televisionNews/idUSTRE4A30KW20081104

Jaykub
11-10-2008, 12:29 AM
ya thats good news

LiNuX
11-10-2008, 10:22 AM
scrubs is one of my favorite shows and yea it sucked when I heard them not being on NBC, i was scared and sad lol, then comes ABC to the rescue - bad NBC!

couldn't care less about King of the Hill though lol

Trunks
11-10-2008, 03:19 PM
King of the hill is a pretty boring show... It seemed like it was directed more to adults, most of the jokes are corny and not really funny. It will be a sad day when South Park is canceled..

wifi
11-12-2008, 01:36 PM
i have a friend that loves the show for no reason lol, he was almost crying the other day lol :-P i dont care about this