PDA

View Full Version : Burnout Paradise - Legendary Car Packs in 2009

Scott
11-09-2008, 05:45 AM
Here’s this week’s big announcement!

We’re talking Burnout Paradise Legendary Cars.

This year, we’ve introduced some of the most incredible vehicles yet seen in a Burnout game. Our FREE Cagney pack brought you the crazy Steel Oval Racer and the Hippie Wagon, and the FREE Bikes Pack brought motorcycles to Paradise City for the first time ever.

In 2009, we’re taking Burnout vehicles to the next level with some truly unbelievable new vehicles. First up – The Jansen 88 Special.

This classic 1980’s styled silver sports car is based on the fan-favourite Jansen P12, but we’ve made a few interesting modifications.

Fill the gauge and hit boost to trigger burning flame trails from your back wheels. The 88 Special’s fast, maneuverable and great in the air.

This is the first of 4 cars that we’re making available as part of a wealth of new downloadable content for Burnout Paradise. They’re available to buy individually or discounted, if you pick up the whole set. In addition to the Jansen 88 Special, look out for the Cavalry Bootlegger, Manhattan Spirit and the GT Nighthawk.

We’ll bring you details of these in a future post or on Crash TV – our video podcast.

We’ll be back next week with another cracking podcast and another killer announcement for next year’s awesome Burnout Paradise content.

In fact, if you want to take off, this is just the car for you. Hit L3 to switch to hover mode – the wheels retract and the car takes off and hovers through Paradise City at head height.

Seriously. It hovers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/michaelhenning/3010104971_206be766b22.jpg

Link (http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=369)

The hover car sounds awesome. I still haven't re-bought Burnout I'll probably get t some time next year.

Juicebox
11-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Woah the hovercar seems awesome.

jakncoke
11-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Criterion ftw.

Riku-Nara
11-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Holy ****.
It hovers.
Like wipeout.

dsmith
02-15-2009, 08:03 PM
yeah thats nice

XXXBurningStarIV
03-14-2009, 05:37 AM
I'm trying to find this game and can not. I loved Revenge... And this one has a downloadable Yellowcard car in it. xD So I'm of course getting it. =P

jakncoke
03-14-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm trying to find this game and can not

If you have a PS3 you can dl it off the PSN.

XXXBurningStarIV
03-15-2009, 02:15 AM
I don't like downloading games.
I like having cases and all.
I haven't looked in any game stores for it.
[Walmart.]
But next paycheck I'll go get it. =P

ShreadOfWheat
04-06-2009, 12:07 AM
The game is definitely one of a kind, One of those games you can just put in and race against people, or in burnout old school fashion, find them and smash them up :D, reason given? You are playing burnout!

XXXBurningStarIV
04-06-2009, 08:11 AM
I always hated the Crash Junctions. They're boring.

Flab-Ender
04-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Rofl, I wonder what happens when you crash. That would look pretty awsome I think. O would defentaly get the expantion for the hover car.