PDA

View Full Version : Shut Down BF2?

LiNuX
11-11-2008, 10:32 AM
The GF BF2 server is our least active server getting less than 50 unique players a month. Not very good and I don't think it is enough to keep the server running and using up server resources when I can shut this down and try for another game by Christmas time.

If you guys have any thoughts on this please post here and let me know, it can be on either side of the argument.

I am expecting to shut this down in Mid December, around the time my finals are done and I have time to go into the server again.

~LiNuX

Trunks
11-11-2008, 12:20 PM
I say we throw up a Call of Duty World at War server. That's what I'm going to be playing all this month and next month.

LiNuX
11-11-2008, 05:49 PM
I say we throw up a Call of Duty World at War server. That's what I'm going to be playing all this month and next month.

is that coming out for pc? cuz i can only host PC games - and I wouldn't mind trying that out later on even though i failed at COD4 lol...it just wouldn't go online!

but we'll see about WaW - i want to take down BF2 so we have room for another gameserver - because i don't have unlimited resources where I can host a hundred game servers in one physical server, not enough ram atm

Trunks
11-11-2008, 06:05 PM
is that coming out for pc? cuz i can only host PC games - and I wouldn't mind trying that out later on even though i failed at COD4 lol...it just wouldn't go online!

but we'll see about WaW - i want to take down BF2 so we have room for another gameserver - because i don't have unlimited resources where I can host a hundred game servers in one physical server, not enough ram atm

It just came out today for all the consoles and PC. It's out for every system, even the wii.

LiNuX
11-11-2008, 06:32 PM
It just came out today for all the consoles and PC. It's out for every system, even the wii.

ok, then I will look more into it, and see if I can set one up over my winter break.

LiNuX
12-29-2008, 11:35 AM
BF2 Server to be Shut Down December 31st 2008. Sorry to those that have used it but it is not active at all and I can't let it drain the CPU and RAM resources from the other servers since they are far more active compared to the BF2 server.

Server can be brought back temporarily in the future for matches and if there are enough people wanting it back up.