PDA

View Full Version : WotLK pre-review

eranikusnxt
11-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Ive got wrath of the litch king now, tho I just started playing it and am only 72, I can tell you my exsperiance so far. Now everyone wants to know about the death knight class, but ill tell you about that last (best for last). once you enter northrend, you will already become bumbarded with quest, witch I like, I gto to 72 on those quest and ill still get more to do. You can get to there by stormwind harbor or menthil harbor for alliance or the orggamar or undercity zepplens. Most people despise quest, I being one of them, but the quest are fun and make you do interesting things. Now, its time for the thing you want to knwo, deathknights! These guys start at lvl 55 and in estern pleagelands. To unlock a deathknight, just have a guy at lvl 55 on that realm. Now, most classes have 2 mars, 1 for health and 1 for mana, warriors and rogues got something else then mana, but nothing much. The deathknight has 3 bars, health, runic power, and runes. deathknights have 6 runes, blood, frost, and unholy, 2 of each. the runes are used to use most of your spells. once you use one, then you have to wait for the CD to be up. When you use your runes, you gain 10 runic power per rrune used. runic power is used to use your other spells. When there created, they have full green armor, but if you do all the quest, you get a full set of blue armor. Now deathknights have 3 specs, blood, frost, and unholy. These trees are like the druid feral tree, it can tank and dps depending on what you get. The blood tree is for single target attacking, and can also heal themselves a bit. The dps is ok, and the tanking is good for bosses that hit hard to keep a little stress of the healer. The frost tree is good dps as well, has a bit more range then blood or unholy, and the tank part is good for bosses that hit hard as well because frost is all about taking less damage. The unholy tree is the interesting tree. Its dps is good as well, but the spec gives you very good spells. The tank part is realy good, its an AOE tank. also has the anti-magic vone, witch is a bubble that everyone inside it take 75% less magic damage.
the last part about him I can say is the prensences. Its there special abilites like the pally auras or the druid forms. Each do something different. blood heals you a bit for every attack, frost takes less damadge and generates more aggro, and I cant say unholy for the fact that unholy presence is a lvl 70 skill and my deathknights only lvl 59. Thats all I can say for now. WotLK was only out for a few days so I cant say much, so thats it. Ill do A full review when I get to lvl 80 and start raiding a bit and my deathknight is higher lvl. hope you liked it.

Shadowstab
01-31-2009, 08:02 PM
*applaud* Very nice starter review on the DK class. I'm very impressed because I'm sure that took quite a bit of time to make. Again, very nice. Look forward to your full review.