PDA

View Full Version : Domain Help

souljaa
03-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, anyways, like I got the Domain from posting on a site...And they pushed the domain name on my account on Namecheap..So I set up the Nameservers which were given to me by the host...so when I try to go to my domain, it just leads me to a OpenDNS page.

LiNuX
03-08-2007, 08:54 PM
did you set up a parked or addon domain from your host's cpanel? you usually have to set that up from your cpanel and wait a few mins to 24 hrs for it to set up. if you need help setting up parked or addon domains just reply back :)

souljaa
03-08-2007, 08:58 PM
did you set up a parked or addon domain from your host's cpanel? you usually have to set that up from your cpanel and wait a few mins to 24 hrs for it to set up. if you need help setting up parked or addon domains just reply back :)

Oh..I don't think I did that...Oops...I'mma go try right now, I'll get back at you if it works or not.
Thanks alot.

LiNuX
03-08-2007, 08:59 PM
lol haha, no problem, if you didnt do it, well there you go lol :) if its a subfolder you want pointed too, you have to use addon domain, if its to your whole site, directly into your public_html folder, its a parked domain, just incase you didnt know :)

souljaa
03-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Um, yeah, can't seem to get it to work lol.

I go to "Parked Domains" and just type in the domain I want it to be re-directed too right? And then, do I still have to wait upto 24 hours?

LiNuX
03-08-2007, 09:04 PM
no no no redirect, just type the domain for parked domain and thats all you need really i think, for addon domain u need to set up a password and a folder but here its a wait of UP TO 24 hrs. should be done in minutes usually, for me the longest wait was 3 hrs for this domain here lol, huge wait

souljaa
03-08-2007, 09:07 PM
no no no redirect, just type the domain for parked domain and thats all you need really i think, for addon domain u need to set up a password and a folder but here its a wait of UP TO 24 hrs. should be done in minutes usually, for me the longest wait was 3 hrs for this domain here lol, huge wait

So, I have the domain parked right now, and it says this
"Hint: Domains must be registered with a valid registrar before they can be parked. In addition, they will not be functional unless they are configured to point to our DNS servers. "
So I'm guessing I'm at the right place right?
Just have to wait now?

LiNuX
03-08-2007, 09:17 PM
yea just check back every few mins or so and see if its up

souljaa
03-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Okay! Got it too work now! THanks a lot Linux :D. Wasn't really that hard :P...Now I know how to do it, so thanks a lot Linux!

LiNuX
03-08-2007, 09:48 PM
lol no problemo, domains are easy to handle and set up, if you need more help in the future, you know where to ask and who to ask :)