PDA

View Full Version : Wii Sports

KittyCat72
03-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Hey, how many of you have played the Wii. If you've played Wii sports, I'd like to know what you thought of it and which sport is your favorite. Although soccer is my favorite sport, tennis is on the Wii. Mainly because they don't have soccer, but I like the bowling too.

LiNuX
03-09-2007, 08:11 PM
i played tennis at my friends house, pretty fun, very interactive, its fun and its working out lol, lose some weight while playing games lol ;D

souljaa
03-09-2007, 09:05 PM
I went at a shopping mall, and they had like 5-6 Wiis right there, and they let you try Wii Sports and Zelda...Very very fun...I'm still looking for one though...Still ALWAYS sold out...Ugh.

KittyCat72
03-10-2007, 02:38 PM
It is an awesome game. Which sport(s) did you play?!

souljaa
03-10-2007, 02:44 PM
It is an awesome game. Which sport(s) did you play?!

I tried Bowling and Zelda..and this Boxing game.

KittyCat72
03-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Zelda is the best! It's a weird coinsidence that when I got a dog I named him Link. Then Link turned into a wolf on the new Zelda game afterwards.

souljaa
03-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Zelda is the best! It's a weird coinsidence that when I got a dog I named him Link. Then Link turned into a wolf on the new Zelda game afterwards.

Lol, yeah, it was pretty addiciting :P..But I had to get off at one point, lol.

KittyCat72
03-10-2007, 04:07 PM
How far did you get? I've only got the chance to play it twice for a couple of hours, lol it is addicting, and I got to the Korioki Village. (however you spell it.........)

souljaa
03-10-2007, 04:55 PM
How far did you get? I've only got the chance to play it twice for a couple of hours, lol it is addicting, and I got to the Korioki Village. (however you spell it.........)

Well, wasn't really paying attention to that..I could only play for like..max 10 mins 'cause others wanted to try it. I only played like, the basics :/

KittyCat72
03-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Oh, I understand. But at least you got to see the game design, control, and stuff. You know, like with the Wiimote. Gosh, I coud really get used to that stuff. I don't think I'll ever be going back to the N64.

souljaa
03-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Oh, I understand. But at least you got to see the game design, control, and stuff. You know, like with the Wiimote. Gosh, I coud really get used to that stuff. I don't think I'll ever be going back to the N64.

Lol, N64 was gone for me for a long time ;).

KittyCat72
03-12-2007, 04:02 PM
It was almost gone for me but then our Gamecube broke and we went strait back to it.

souljaa
03-12-2007, 04:06 PM
It was almost gone for me but then our Gamecube broke and we went strait back to it.

Well, I still have mine, but lost a couple of the wires :(.

jasonbay
03-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Im going to get this game when I get my Wii , when that happens , price points 100-150 dollars. This game has sold really well, counting the one that are included in wii . It has reportly went over 5 million units , my source vgcharts.org ...sure that isnt that good of a source but still if true this game could actually make record breaking ground of over 10-15 million

KittyCat72
03-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Yea, they are popular. Nintendo started with about 1 million Wiis and they're still scarce and hard to find. My guess is that it'll take a while before the sales slow down.

Twigz
03-19-2007, 09:59 AM
That's funny, 1 million Wiis, but only about 300 billion in the US and Canada alone, they can't make a Wii for every single person, now can they? ;D

souljaa
03-19-2007, 02:10 PM
That's funny, 1 million Wiis, but only about 300 billion in the US and Canada alone, they can't make a Wii for every single person, now can they? ;D

True, but I still want one :o....I'll have to wait I think another couple of months now, I guess lol :(.

KittyCat72
03-19-2007, 04:33 PM
What my family did was have the money ready and then we checked every store around. When we didn't find anything, we just kept checking the nearest Wal-Mart everyday. I mean, eventually they have to have something. They're really great though, I see why you want one.

souljaa
03-19-2007, 06:41 PM
What my family did was have the money ready and then we checked every store around. When we didn't find anything, we just kept checking the nearest Wal-Mart everyday. I mean, eventually they have to have something. They're really great though, I see why you want one.

Well it's my bro who's buying me one, and we went like at every store...all sold out..I'm not even gonna bother anymore, I'll just wait till I'm sure there's some left.

jasonbay
03-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Yeah im sure it will probably will be into summer before you can just go into a store and find one from reports they sell out in like 2 hrs still .

souljaa
03-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Yeah im sure it will probably will be into summer before you can just go into a store and find one from reports they sell out in like 2 hrs still .

Yeah, I went to Toys R us the other day..and they're like..yeah, there's gonna be some coming in tomorrow, and he's like...but if you want one, you'll need to wait in the line up in the morning...I was like..screw that.

KittyCat72
03-22-2007, 04:00 PM
:D :D Maybe you could camp out in front of the store until they get one.
Or a more reasonable idea...you could buy one of those $200 cards. You know, the card you give them when they get a Wii in stock. They're supposed to call you when they get one. You and your brother should try that.

souljaa
03-23-2007, 11:42 PM
:D :D Maybe you could camp out in front of the store until they get one.
Or a more reasonable idea...you could buy one of those $200 cards. You know, the card you give them when they get a Wii in stock. They're supposed to call you when they get one. You and your brother should try that.

You mean buy a 200$ card and then pay 300$ for the Wii!? Or am I just to sleepy right now..lol.

KittyCat72
03-24-2007, 08:01 AM
No, you're eyes aren't failing you. It was a typing error. I must have hit the 2 key instead of the 3. But anyways, yea, you can buy a card for the same value as a Wii and trade it in for one.

souljaa
03-24-2007, 10:45 AM
No, you're eyes aren't failing you. It was a typing error. I must have hit the 2 key instead of the 3. But anyways, yea, you can buy a card for the same value as a Wii and trade it in for one.

Oh crap really!? Might try that out, never knew that :).
Thanks, might go try today!

KittyCat72
03-24-2007, 10:47 AM
It's pretty neat, I thiunk they have them at Wal-Mart (so you'll know where to start looking).

Beanie
03-29-2007, 03:29 AM
When I first got my Wii, Wii Sports was pretty much all I wanted to play, I was hooked on the golf and bowling, got pro level (over 1k) in both. Then I started doing all the training games like the power throw in bowling where you just keep getting more pins lol

Still trying to get platinum in that, think the score you need is something like 700 pins, I can only manage 600 :(

Though there is that whole "red button" thing on the last lane to knock them all day which I can do pretty much every time but it's just the other throws that are holding me back lol

KittyCat72
03-29-2007, 03:45 PM
I don't know about golf, but bowling is pretty good. I was a pro in both bowling and tennis until I faced my brother and got negative points. He didn't beat me or anythiung, I just didn't do as good as my old high score. The best I've gotten in bowling was 2 Strike Turkeys in one game and in a different game, one Strike Fifth. How about you?

Beanie
03-29-2007, 06:17 PM
It depends if my technique is right on the day, at one point I had 7 strikes, then I just completely fell apart and didn't even pick up spares :(

My technique is go over to the right, the last dot marker, aim dead ahead and then quick and low swing far left, usually picks up a strike...

KittyCat72
03-30-2007, 10:34 AM
When I bowl, the ball seems to have a curve leftwards. So I work with it; most of the time, when I don't get strikes, I get spares. Usually, I bowl, have one pin left, and then nock it down.

Beanie
03-31-2007, 04:30 PM
I have that problem too, always seems to swing left slightly but seeing as my technique needs a full swing to the left it doesn't really matter :)

KittyCat72
04-01-2007, 07:12 AM
Yea, to get by it, I just aim a little right and the curve always kicks in. It can be a good tecnique if you use it the right way.... like when trying to get down certain spares.

Beanie
04-02-2007, 05:08 AM
Yeah but then you also have the problem of when your doing the curve training because of that natural curve to the left, you have to compensate to the right when your trying to bowl it in a straight line :(

KittyCat72
04-02-2007, 10:54 AM
I can be confusing sometimes when you get into detail. Maybe if I could just train my hand to not tilt to the right. I think it is how the Wiimote is made, you just want to hold it like that. Like when you're at the Wii menu, the little hand is always tilted to the left for me. It can affect the gameplay. You just got to work around it in a way, like you said, aim toward the right a bit.

Beanie
04-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Or you could just make one of those perfect swinging machines like they did on www.wiihaveaproblem.com lol

KittyCat72
04-22-2007, 11:55 AM
The link didn't work, oh well. :( :P

FattaT
04-22-2007, 11:07 PM
"wiihaveaproblem.com" was a funny site, showing Wii remote sticking out of broken tv's and broken lights from playing Wii Sports: Tennis.
I've had a Wii for about 2 months now, but haven't had time to play it much, played under 2 hours of it.

KittyCat72
05-08-2007, 04:01 PM
You really should make more time for it... trust me, you won't regret it. The Wii is my favorite console so far. But the real question is-how are they going to top it next time they make a new console?

FattaT
05-08-2007, 04:06 PM
You really should make more time for it... trust me, you won't regret it. The Wii is my favorite console so far. But the real question is-how are they going to top it next time they make a new console?

haha, they will come up with something. They always do.

KittyCat72
05-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Oh, I got it! It could be voice-activated. "Power on."

jasonbay
05-08-2007, 07:22 PM
actually I cant think of a few things , more motion sensing devices for like kicking , or fighting game or they could go the simple route and keep the wii-mote and use competing graphics with the next Xbox and Playstation console.

KittyCat72
05-09-2007, 06:20 PM
I thought about both of those too, but still. They will get better graphics for some games. Take the next Zelda game for example, it won't be have Gamecube graphics because it will be for the Wii only.

Eric
06-28-2007, 06:59 PM
I would like to get a wii sometime soon, as they look pretty darn fun, and my doctor can stop bugging me about exercise, and staying away from the video games, because I can combine both :)

KittyCat72
06-29-2007, 02:37 PM
There's only one game I can think of so far that isn't much extersise. As long as you stay away from Wii Play you'll be fine. I think the Wii is really fun, everybody should have at least one in their house. :)

HyperShadow5592
07-03-2007, 12:03 AM
My favorite sport included in Wii Sports would have 2 b: Bowling. Especially in training where you can knock-down a couple hundread pins with a single throw!!! =D

KittyCat72
07-03-2007, 08:31 AM
I've always wanted to do that in real life. The only thing holding me back is $$$, where do you get the money for a couple hundred pins?!

HyperShadow5592
07-03-2007, 09:38 PM
That would b AWESOME to do in real life!!! The chaos of it all!!! ROFL!!! O I WISH!!! :)

KittyCat72
07-04-2007, 04:44 PM
If you wanted more of a thrill just put a bunch microphones near thepins. Ouch, that would permanently knock out yourhearing if you hit them. (how could you miss?)