PDA

View Full Version : Mayor Bloomberg & Con Edison

Twigz
08-09-2006, 10:26 AM
During the recent heat waves in NYC, thousands of customers had to deal with no air conditioning and sweltered in their homes and apartments. While this was happening, I noticed that Mayor Bloomberg took the side of Con Edison and not the side of the regular people who had to suffer. I understand if he had to support one of the services that he provides for the city, but I think he should have also aided the people who needed help. Because of this 24 people so far have been added to the death count due to the excessive heat. What do you think about this situation?

LiNuX
08-09-2006, 10:29 AM
bad bad person, what kind of mayor doesnt side with the public except a bad one, we should have voted a new one while we had the chance, and this all happened in california too, near beverly hills, so sad

Twigz
08-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Yeah, dang Mr. Governator, LOL

diablo
08-09-2006, 11:30 AM
con-ed needs to get better service and make sure that the power never goes out, remember the blackout in 2004? for those 2 and a half days without power, i dont think that it was con-ed's fault but they should have done more to bring the power back faster

crazay
08-09-2006, 12:09 PM
booo to them all, we need new people in all offices, and need a better electricity provider

Twigz
08-09-2006, 01:16 PM
During that 2003 black out, it wasn't just NY that lost power, almost all of the US and some parts of Canada had power gone...and they claim it was some power plant in Utah that was the cause...I happened to be on the F train on Van Wyck Blvd. when the lights went out...had to walk 50 blocks (or at least it seemed like that) home...was brutal. :-/