PDA

View Full Version : Dante's Inferno

jakncoke
12-15-2008, 08:41 AM
EA SENDS PLAYERS TO HELL IN EPIC ACTION GAME

(December 15, 2008) – An abducted soul, a lifetime of sins, a journey to the depths of despair. Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that EA Redwood Shores, the studio behind hit horror game Dead Space™, is making Dante’s Inferno™ – a third-person action adventure adaptation of the medieval epic poem The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. The dark fiction gave birth to the Tuscan Italian dialect and is widely considered to have defined the western world’s contemporary conception of hell and purgatory. The poem tells the tale of Dante who journeys through the twisted, menacing nine circles of hell in pursuit of his beloved Beatrice.

Written in the 14th Century, The Divine Comedy was published and read aloud in Italian (unlike the Bible), thereby making the poem accessible to the mass public. The poem delivers a striking and allegorical vision of the Christian afterlife and the punishments of hell. In part one, known as Dante’s Inferno, Dante traverses all nine circles of hell; limbo, lust, gluttony, greed, wrath, heresy, violence, fraud and treachery.

“The time is right for the world of interactive entertainment to adapt this literary masterpiece, and to re-introduce Dante to an audience that, until now, may have been unfamiliar with the remarkable details of this great work of art,” said Jonathan Knight, executive producer for Dante’s Inferno. “It’s the perfect opportunity to fuse great gameplay with great story.”

Primotech : EA Officially Announces Dante First Teaser Trailer (http://www.primotechnology.com/2008/12/15/ea-officially-announces-dantes-inferno-first-teaser-trailer/)

Trailer looks awesome, + hype by trunkload

EpsilonX
12-15-2008, 12:47 PM
YES. Last year in mythology class when we were learning about dante's inferno, i was like "damn that'd be a kickass video game"

glad they're making it.

LiNuX
12-17-2008, 09:01 PM
sounds awesome and they did a great job with the trailer...definitely has my attention

Raw!
12-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Looks cool, but the trailer wasn't great. It was mostly text, and all we saw was the guy killing the little demon thing.. Didn't catch my attention that much.

Featuring Cool Jimmy
02-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Sounds nice.

Exylis
04-02-2009, 05:28 AM
I don't care if it's in the budget or not! I'm pickin this game up when it hits the streets!

jakncoke
04-02-2009, 01:32 PM
IIRdC it's now dated for Jan 2010

memoryhunter
04-02-2009, 04:58 PM
I like dante's inferno but id imagine dantes inferno would be hard to pull off in a movie but I hope they do it!

otis
04-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!

Aeons
05-01-2009, 11:36 AM
can't wait for this

LordLameeks
05-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Looks pretty good i might get it

bullstep
04-14-2010, 02:38 PM
its gonna be like some c.o.cthulu?

Kink3bird
04-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Actually it was a awesome lil weekend game. Which is all it takes to beat it and I found the gameplay so much fun I beat it twice.

Definatley a worth renting game. I know they're comming out with a map making tool for players but I'm not sure if it'll make the game worth buying since I'm not sure if you can actually make layers of hell or just arena levels which suck.

Newkeh
05-14-2010, 05:13 PM
I finished this game in 2 days its so GOOD!! I thought it would just be another GOW clone but the story and graphics is good
it makes you feel so... dark? also it will make you a better person out of fear :P

I dont like GOW so I just took a chance with this game and I love it

but... just like many other new games they have made a big feature in to downloadable expansion for money in this case co-op

Jokersvirus
05-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Button mashers have to have a great story or no one would play them, i beat it in like 6 hours but it was so annoying i wasted 10 bucks to rent it for 5 days :(

seethe
05-16-2010, 02:22 AM
i finished the game only for 3 days

Iceskater101
05-16-2010, 05:51 PM
so is this game even good?
people are saying they beat it but not what they think about it
considering that some people beat in 3 hours..
thats not that long of a game

Jokersvirus
05-16-2010, 07:55 PM
The game is good just gets old pretty quick but the storyline keeps you hooked.

3 hours is pushing it cause unless your killing everything within 3-5 hits your going to be spending alot of time on killing enemies.

I say its a rent not a buy.

BobTD
05-18-2010, 12:49 AM
so is this game even good?
people are saying they beat it but not what they think about it
considering that some people beat in 3 hours..
thats not that long of a game

I dont think anyone really beat it in 3 hours. I took my a solid 8 but I played it on regular difficulty and actually collected stuff.

As for if its good, I did a review on it. My brother likes it but its not nearly enough to get me to buy a game. That same cash could buy me a game worth hundreds of hours of gameplay.