PDA

View Full Version : Weird but True XIV (Back by popular demand)

Twigz
03-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Raccoon is back on the menu of an Indiana town fund-raiser.

Hunters have bagged 103 of the critters for the annual Hibernia Community Building event, which has not offered raccoon to guests since 2002, when the chef who had been handling raccoon-cooking duties since the 1950s retired.

He agreed to return this year after townspeople complained the event was not the same without raccoon.

"It's not like cleaning a chicken, I'll tell you that," said raccoon preparer Dina Woods.

-------------------

A 102-year-old Belgian man nearly fell off his rocker when he was invited to enroll in a nursery school.

The school sent the invitation to Jules Verdonck, believing he was 2 years old.

"We got all the addresses of the 2-year-olds from the village," headmaster Els Michiels said. "Apparently, something went wrong."

Verdonck's family declined the invitation, with a photo of the centenarian.

What a two-faced pig!

A Chinese sow gave birth to a piglet with two faces - two snouts, two mouths and three eyes.

"He came out last, and I thought I was seeing a monster," farmer Ke Kuaile said.

The foot-long bundle of ugly is being cared for at an animal sanctuary.

A Polish man is in a host of trouble for starting an online confessional for lazy Catholics.

Borys Cezar, 37, who is facing a heavy fine for promising to "virtually" absolve people of their sins, said he never intended to offend anyone.

After entering one's sins on the Web site, users are told, "We are connecting you with the Lord God, please wait. Your sins are being transferred, please wait. Congratulations, your sins have been forgiven."

----------

A man in Georgia found a check from Enterprise, Ala., on a road at his farm just hours after a killer tornado hit the Alabama town - more than 100 miles away.

Jack Short, 77, said the $3.88 check was cashed in 1970 and appears to be a payment to a gas utility.

Two men survived a grisly attempt at suicide by circular saw, Atlanta police said yesterday.

One man cut off both arms, and the other sawed off one before their apartment manager called cops in time to save their lives.

The men, 40 and 41, reportedly left a suicide note.

A shepherd in Germany had his entire flock of sheep stolen - then was amazed to find them back in the field the next day.

Gunther Manninger, 37, called police after his sheep were stolen near the city of Aachen.

"I had a sleepless night worrying about them, and could not believe my eyes when I went to the field the next day to see they had all been returned," he said.

A house in Western Australia is being built entirely from recycled wine bottles.

Peter Little says he'll need around 13,500 bottles filled with water to build the walls of the house, which he says will insulate the home and save energy.

The environmentalist has spent 30 years developing eco-friendly building methods, and says this one has potential for Australia's hotter regions.

"Water is probably . . . one of the miracle building materials of this century, which nobody is using," he said.

Any of these titles would be one for the books.

England's annual contest for oddest book title has begun, with such contenders as "How Green Were the Nazis?" "The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America" and "Tattooed Mountain Women and Spoon Boxes of Daghestan" in the running.

Last year's winner was "People Who Don't Know They're Dead: How They Attach Themselves to Unsuspecting Bystanders and What to Do About It."

These are all actual books, not made-up names.

souljaa
03-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Wow...The monster kid or wtvr..Just scared me :(.
Anyways, yeah, I was missing these :)...Thanks Twigz.