Dragon Ball Z games

Printable View

• 10-02-2012, 08:25 PM
    EpsilonX
    Dragon Ball Z games
    Recently i've taken a liking to the Dragon Ball series, I haven't made it to Dragon Ball Z yet, but i've been looking into the games, and was wondering what one would be the best?

As far as I can tell, there's the Raging Blast series, which is more of a button masher, there's Budokai, which takes more skill and planning (and has an HD collection coming out), and then there's Ultimate Tenkaichi, which is somewhere inbetween (and has a character creator)

Which do you think is the best overall game to get? Or maybe the strengths and weaknesses of each?

edit: oh, there's also burst limit. and I forgot to specify, i'm looking for a ps3 game not 360 or wii
  • 10-03-2012, 11:06 AM
    xLykos
    The only good Dragonball Z games I have ever played were the Budokais, but the second one wasn't very good. I recommend the first or third one.
    The Ultimate Tenkaichi games are awful.
  • 10-04-2012, 03:44 AM
    TheGateKeeper
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NerfTrynPlz View Post
    The only good Dragonball Z games I have ever played were the Budokais, but the second one wasn't very good. I recommend the first or third one.
    The Ultimate Tenkaichi games are awful.

Agreed, tenkaichi sucks balls.
  • 10-04-2012, 03:16 PM
    EpsilonX
    So, should I go with the Budokai HD collection that's coming out in November? It comes with Budokai and Budokai 3

also, I found out that there are Dragon Ball (not dbz) games for the DS...I need to get those.
  • 10-04-2012, 04:00 PM
    Trunks
    If you plan on watching the Anime, I wouldn't recommend playing the games first unless you don't mind the story getting spoiled. I know the Budokai series follows the story almost exactly. Just a heads up, I do agree though, the Budokai series was definitely the best.

I've never played any of the dragon ball series, so I can't tell you about them.
  • 10-04-2012, 09:46 PM
    xLykos
    I didn't even know they were bringing out an HD collection, that excites me lol what consoles are they for?
  • 10-05-2012, 07:42 AM
    Psychotray
    Eh, I've never been too ''keen'' on the game itself, it's pretty damn nerdy, and that's coming from me, someone who has fantasies of the apocalypse, hahaha. Invest in some Tekken or Street Fighter, both have much more replay-value.
  • 10-05-2012, 11:37 AM
    Trunks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychotray View Post
    Eh, I've never been too ''keen'' on the game itself, it's pretty damn nerdy, and that's coming from me, someone who has fantasies of the apocalypse, hahaha. Invest in some Tekken or Street Fighter, both have much more replay-value.

Nerdy? lol, ask anyone DBZ is the shiz
  • 10-05-2012, 07:11 PM
    EpsilonX
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychotray View Post

Well, I plan on getting Soul Calibur and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (staaaars) but I just wanted one not cuz I wanted a great game, more because I wanted a dragon ball game....I probably won't get it til i've made it a good amount through the anime though, cuz I don't want to spoil it like trunks said. I'll probably get the Dragon Ball DS games first though, and get budokai HD collection when I get through DBZ
  • 05-15-2016, 01:41 AM
    vicky_sic
    Last time I played DBZ is in Sega Saturn console

» Site Navigation

» Home
» FAQ

User Name:

Password:

» Recent Threads

Interested in Buying...
05-21-2024 04:25 PM
Last Post By derloocomonow