Nintendo Wii anyone?

Printable View

• 03-30-2011, 05:07 PM
    Saph
    Nintendo Wii anyone?
    Since my wife LOVES Nintendo we now own a Wii -.- Its not rly my kind of console, but eh, I preach that Ill play ANYTHING that is placed infront of me, so I do =P

I have recently completed my one and only game, New Mario Bros. Wii

Now I am at a loss as to what to play, now I just use it to watch Netflix, or check the weather when I'm too lazy to go to the comp...

So does anyone have any good Wii games that I should give a try?

Ive heard silent hill was pretty good, with the whole survival horror thing, w/o weapons n' junk?

Or are there better games out there that're actually decent on a Wii? Since the graphics REALLY lack on it to make room for all of the stupid interactive controller BS -.- I know I know I dont mind lacking graphics, when its for a good reason!! But when graphics are removed in order to get some kind of 'revolutionary' motion sensor worked inthere, I cant stand it!!!>:(

Either way, anyone got a good game worth playing on Wii???:cheesy:
  • 03-30-2011, 08:26 PM
    jcmcdo12
    Super Mario Galaxy 1-2! Buy it now 2 of the greatest games ever get them!
    Metroid Prime 3 or if you havent played the others Trilogy
    LoZ: Twilight Princess
    Get Super Smash Bros. Brawl your wife might like that too
    You might not like these games but Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • 03-30-2011, 08:37 PM
    Saph
    Lol Im so gonna have to try some of these XD Thanks bro!
  • 03-30-2011, 08:57 PM
    jcmcdo12
    Ah no problem. Glad to Help. ;)
  • 03-31-2011, 11:51 AM
    Diligence109
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcdo12 View Post
    Super Mario Galaxy 1-2! Buy it now 2 of the greatest games ever get them!
    Metroid Prime 3 or if you havent played the others Trilogy
    LoZ: Twilight Princess
    Get Super Smash Bros. Brawl your wife might like that too
    You might not like these games but Kirby's Epic Yarn

this man is wise, heed his kind words

if you want some cute fun of an arcade "classic" port - you can get House of the Dead 2 and 3 pretty cheap (I'd imagine you could find it used for like $15~$20).

If you want an adventure RPG but aren't as much of a zelda fan (shame on you) and don't want to try the new Donkey Kong or Kirby's Epic Yarn, you could go for Okami which I played through last summer and rather enjoyed (though admittedly never finished). It's older too so you should be able to pick it up used rather cheap.

If you want more of a "party game" (if there's ever going to be more than just you and your wife playing) you could grab Warioware (zany fast paced omgwtfbbq mini-games up to like 12 players) or Mario Party 8 (comfortably paced board game with several mini games up to 4 players).

If you haven't played any of the Metroid Prime trilogy that jcmcdo mentions - you should if you have any desire to do so because it wont let you down. The first one was awesome (I feel in love with that game world and played through twice with 100% completion on my second playthrough). The second one sucked (graphics engine watered down to make way for a useless/uninteresting multiplayer feature and a far too linear feeling world to explore compared to the first... though I didn't get too far before I quit it so I might be wrong). The third one was very awesome like the first and it dropped the multiplayer crap that the second one failed at; though I didn't go back a 100% playthrough of that one because it still wasn't designed with as much beautiful detail as the first.

They released a special version of the Metroid Trilogy for the Wii that redid Metroid Prime 1 and 2 (originally gamecube titles) with the Wii controls featured in Metroid Prime 3. I'd say grab that if you wanna try some metroid - sounds like a sweet deal.
  • 03-31-2011, 12:07 PM
    Saph
    Thanks Dili, I'll deffinately give Okami a try once I get around to it. Since I'm gonna be a game reviewer in some 5 days or so, I have alot on my plate to make reviews on!

And by the way: No shame on me here! I love Zelda =P
  • 03-31-2011, 12:12 PM
    Muffincat
    Okami is wonderful (I'm the one who made him play it) but it's better on the PS2 than the Wii >:| The controls can get kinda buggy on the Wii, but it's a wonderful game.

Also, Mario Kart! :3 Why are people not mentioning Mario Kart >:|

I found Twilight Princess to be... not great, but eh.

I always end up feeling like I wish the game I was playing on my Wii were on my PS3... :|
  • 03-31-2011, 12:14 PM
    Saph
    Eh Mario Kart was never really my thing. I have trouble playing goofy racing games, if I am to play a racing game it has to be fast, intense, and dead serious, no go karts, I want hella awesome rides!:cheesy:
  • 03-31-2011, 12:36 PM
    EpsilonX
    Monster Hunter Tri is cool. You could also do some other classic sidescrollers: donkey kong country returns and kirby's epic yarn
  • 03-31-2011, 01:26 PM
    paecmaker
    Dead rising chop till you drop

Dont know how good it is though.

» Site Navigation

» Home
» FAQ

User Name:

Password:

» Recent Threads

Interested in Buying...
05-21-2024 04:25 PM