• 06-11-2008, 01:43 PM
    Eric
    Which is better, source or 1.6?
    The question is in the title. I am thinking of spending a few bucks and getting a couple games, so I was just wondering which was better
  • 06-11-2008, 02:03 PM
    LiNuX
    css is better in graphics but 1.6 has more realistic game play in my opinion, most of the recoil in css is very low or completely gone and in cs 1.6, its all there, you can't run and spray an ak-47 in real life and you can't do that in 1.6 that easily - in css, its very possible lol
  • 06-11-2008, 04:07 PM
    YuriPrime
    I'd say Source was made to be more new user (or "noob") friendly in an attempt to lure more people into getting it, and it seems to have worked. So basically if you are a beginner get source, but if you are a more experienced player move on to 1.6 . . . that would be my advice.
  • 06-11-2008, 09:49 PM
    Eric
    Guess i'm getting source to start with, probably gonna get 1.6 soon after.

Getting source since it comes with a game that I want. garry's mod :)
  • 06-11-2008, 09:51 PM
    LiNuX
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Guess i'm getting source to start with, probably gonna get 1.6 soon after.

Getting source since it comes with a game that I want. garry's mod :)

does it? i bought css just last year and garry's mod was a total separate purchase

cs1.6 comes with cs:cz for free
  • 06-12-2008, 01:41 PM
    Eric
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    does it? i bought css just last year and garry's mod was a total separate purchase

cs1.6 comes with cs:cz for free

Yeah in order to use garry's mod you have to have a half life game or cs game. It's available as a packaged deal with gmod or you can buy it separately yes.

Doubt I am going to get to play for a week or so. Paypal is gunna take 6 days to transfer, and by the time that happens i will be outta town for a couple days, so yeah it is gonna be a wait but o well what can you do :p
  • 06-12-2008, 05:46 PM
    LiNuX
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Yeah in order to use garry's mod you have to have a half life game or cs game. It's available as a packaged deal with gmod or you can buy it separately yes.

Doubt I am going to get to play for a week or so. Paypal is gunna take 6 days to transfer, and by the time that happens i will be outta town for a couple days, so yeah it is gonna be a wait but o well what can you do :p

yeah i know how to use garrys mod lol, i bought it for lonewolf last year, kinda tried it out

and how much does the package you are talking about cost?

I know Cs 1.6 costs $10 - comes with CZ

CSS Costs $20 - no other games with it

and for $30 you get all three CS games.
  • 06-12-2008, 06:24 PM
    Eric
    its $25 for the CSS and gmod package
  • 06-12-2008, 07:11 PM
    Blackbird
    I'm register with Half Life cd key but only got half life and Counter-Strike 1.6 :)
  • 06-12-2008, 09:16 PM
    Eric
    Can't wait to get them. Will have something to fill my time with now :p

» Site Navigation

» Home
» FAQ

User Name:

Password:

» Recent Threads

Interested in Buying...
05-21-2024 04:25 PM
Last Post By derloocomonow