• 02-11-2009, 11:19 AM
    jakncoke
    Star Wars Force Unleashed sells 5.7 million
    Quote:

LucasArts's Star Wars: The Force Unleashed sold 5.7 units worldwide across all platforms since releasing in September, making it the fastest-selling Star Wars game in history.
    Several versions of the title were shipped, with LucasArts developing editions for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360; Krome Studios for PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, and Wii; n-Space for DS; and Universomo for iPod Touch, iPhone, N-Gage, and other mobiles.

The non-mobile releases immediately established The Force Unleashed as the fastest-selling Star Wars game in history, moving over 1.5 million copies globally in just its first five days of sale

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=22256

Didn't think it did that good, guess it really helps to release on every platform.
  • 02-11-2009, 03:14 PM
    LemonRising
    And good lord that IS every platform.

I think having a huge fanbase helps sales. *shrugs*
  • 02-12-2009, 03:54 AM
    Silverwolfpet
    Do you really think that this game was good? I mean... the brand selled, not the game... "Oh my God, Star Wars! Gimme!"
  • 02-12-2009, 04:04 AM
    jakncoke
    Haven't played the game but the demo was pretty fun and of course the brand name helped it's cause, that's why they continue making such games because lots and lots of casuals buy into the brand name strength like game of movie tie in games, maddens, gta, halo..ect and pass over new ip's
  • 02-12-2009, 10:03 AM
    LemonRising
    I've played a few star wars games myself, and they're not bad (and can be pretty fun), but I never see them as games that lots of people would go after and buy.

» Site Navigation

» Home
» FAQ

User Name:

Password:

» Recent Threads

Interested in Purchasing...
Today 09:28 AM
Last Post By derloocomonow
Today 09:28 AM

» Sponsors