Joe Paterno passes away

Printable View

• 01-22-2012, 10:35 AM
    thedeparted
    Joe Paterno passes away
    Paterno legacy damaged by scandal, but not erased - College Football - Rivals.com

It's a pretty long article, so I won't link it. But i must say it's a surreal feeling at this junction. I have been a fan of Penn St since probably around 2000-2001. All of which time JoePa was our head coach. It's a damn shame this recent investigation leaves his legacy a bit tarnished, but lets not forget what he's managed to do. Millions of dollars to Penn St. Hundreds of athlete graduates, he was was such a lasting influence on Penn St coaching staff as well. Being there since the 50's, head coach since the 60's.
  • 01-22-2012, 11:18 AM
    Trunks
    Just saw this on ESPN when I turned it on. Hopefully he's remembered for his 46 years of his coaching and not the past few months for his life. I don't want to see it hurt is memory.

RIP Paterno
  • 01-22-2012, 01:58 PM
    thedeparted
    From what I have witnessed on the web, the real college football fans realize what happened sucks and remember how much good he has done and the people that don't know anything beside a few articles are the ones with the vitriol
  • 01-22-2012, 02:16 PM
    hidekipooj
    Remember what happened to Bill Clinton. (not that he's dead or anything)
    People continue to remember him only for giving an intern a cigar, not for being one of the best Democrats in existence.
  • 01-22-2012, 05:15 PM
    Jaykub
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hidekipooj View Post
    not for being one of the best Democrats in existence.

Where did you find that joke? >_>
  • 01-22-2012, 05:33 PM
    Trunks
    He actually was one of the best Democrats, ask any government teacher, not a republic politician. He was one of the very few presidents to actually lower our debt while he was in term. Though makes it easier when you're not a war.
  • 01-22-2012, 06:19 PM
    thedeparted
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaykub View Post
    Where did you find that joke? >_>

He was a pretty damn good democrat, aside from you being a blind republican I dunno how you could find an argument stating otherwise. But let's try and keep that disscussion in another topic
  • 01-22-2012, 06:29 PM
    Jaykub
    Because I don't agree with a Democrat is probably a Conservative Republican....? I vote Republican but I actually consider myself a Libertarian.
  • 01-22-2012, 10:07 PM
    Sunsetforgotten
    NAFTA was the doing of Clinton, he kinda goofed really badly.

But anyways, it is truly sad what happened in the last year of this mans life. Do I think he was a bad person? Nah. But he should have done more to stop the molesting; he just didn't do enough. He was truly a great coach, and will forever be a legend (tainted no doubt). I feel for his family and friends and hope that this drama can all go away.

» Site Navigation

» Home
» FAQ

User Name:

Password:

» Sponsors