• 05-26-2012, 05:44 AM
    Jayhmmz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CraeSC111 View Post
    Option 4: Starcraft MMO/shooter? I've always liked the starcraft series better.
    For Warcraft I would go for another RTS. They should take a break from MMOs till they come up with new ideas. Or till everyone forgets WoW :p

I'm pretty certain that this secret project Blizzard are doing right now (codename Titan I think) is going to be a Starcraft MMO, or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exentenzed View Post
    Yes that is true, but what im saying is that i highly doubt they would ever sacrifice a World of Warcraft expansion story to create a RTS, and what would the people playing world of warcraft say if we continued the warcraft saga in a RTS singleplayer? im sorry to say, that i think world of warcraft needs to die out before we will see any innovation on the warcraft front.

I don't think it needs to die out, because at the end of the day World of Warcraft was made from the Warcraft RTS franchise. Because it's a much loved RTS franchise, I don't think there would be any qualms from anybody in the Blizzard fandom. They can continue with their expansions for WoW, but they should have Warcraft 4 as a side-project, so they can release it between WoW expansions.
  • 05-26-2012, 06:06 AM
    CraeSC111
    I don't think they are going to have a Warcraft rts any time soon because starcraft is still going strong
  • 05-26-2012, 06:59 AM
    Jayhmmz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CraeSC111 View Post
    I don't think they are going to have a Warcraft rts any time soon because starcraft is still going strong

You're probably right. Not everybody would agree with me, but Warcraft > Starcraft in my opinion. It's just what I prefer.
  • 05-26-2012, 08:01 AM
    TheGateKeeper
    As much as I would love to get Warcraft 4, I don't think it will ever happen just because it wouldn't fit in. Unless they somehow put it before the events of WOW and after the events of Warcraft 3 that is.

Warcraft 3 was one of the great games of my childhood. I loved the Tower Defense games that you could play as a custom game mode.
  • 05-26-2012, 08:43 AM
    Jayhmmz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGateKeeper View Post
    As much as I would love to get Warcraft 4, I don't think it will ever happen just because it wouldn't fit in. Unless they somehow put it before the events of WOW and after the events of Warcraft 3 that is.

Warcraft 3 was one of the great games of my childhood. I loved the Tower Defense games that you could play as a custom game mode.

To be honest, Blizzard have enough creative directors and creative writers to pull something off. But, it's whether or not they can be bothered doing it.

» Site Navigation

» Home
» FAQ

User Name:

Password:

» Sponsors