Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 3: ODST

Default Halo 3: ODST

Halo 3: ODST's tale focuses on the legendary ODSTs or "Orbital Drop Shock Troopers" as they drop into the ruined city of New Mombasa, looking for clues behind the Covenant's catastrophic attack on the city.

The new campaign chapter predates the events that unfold in "Halo 3" and gives players a new perspective through the eyes of a new hero in the "Halo" universe. New multiplayer maps ensure that the award-winning Xbox LIVE experience of "Halo 3" continues to thrive.
    General Features

* All-new campaign content. The "Halo 3: Recon" campaign is an intriguing side story that takes place during the terrifying events leading up to the Master Chief's return to New Mombasa in "Halo 3." Experience the fate of Earth from the brand-new perspective of a special forces ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper), adding a unique outlook and new gameplay elements to the events that unfold in the trilogy's finale. While the feel of this new chapter will greatly resemble that of previous "Halo" experiences, "Halo 3: Recon" will require players to employ more elements of stealth and cunning than ever before.
    * A new hero: Prepare to drop. Known for their courage, valor and, at times, insanity, ODSTs are among the fiercest UNSC soldiers, priding themselves on being the first unit deployed into hostile situations. While not as large or supernaturally gifted as their Spartan comrades, these "Hell Jumpers" more than compensate with their ferocious attitudes and unwavering nerve.
    * Expanded multiplayer collection. No "Halo" experience would be complete without groundbreaking multiplayer content,* and "Halo 3: Recon" gives fans more of what they love. With exclusive new maps and full Forge options, players will find more multiplayer content than ever before with "Halo 3: Recon."
    * Ever-growing community options. Players will continue to enjoy all the great "Halo 3" technological innovations, including Saved Films, screenshots, Campaign Scoring and four-player co-op. All of the new multiplayer maps fully support the Forge editor, offering endless gameplay customization possibilities for fans.
    Genre: First-Person Shooter
    Exclusively on Xbox 360
    Release Date September 30, 2009

I'll probably pick this game up just because I'm a Halo fan. Although there is no Master Cheif, it's basically a prequel to Halo 3.

Will it do as good or better than Halo 3? Probably not, because Master Cheif isn't in it. I bet it will still reach over 2 million on opening weekend.

lol more halos...i knew they wouldn't stop the game, too profitable
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    lol more halos...i knew they wouldn't stop the game, too profitable
    Halo Wars is also coming next yr, it's a RTS

Quote Originally Posted by jakncoke View Post
    Halo Wars is also coming next yr, it's a RTS
    yea already knew about that, this ODST one is just new to my knowledge
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    yea already knew about that, this ODST one is just new to my knowledge
    really? weird I made a thread not too long ago about, apparently you missed it

Quote Originally Posted by jakncoke View Post
    really? weird I made a thread not too long ago about, apparently you missed it
    I did...I'm about to go look for it lol - I'm not a huge halo fan so I can't say that I look out for the info - I just read them when they catch my attention and sometimes i tend to skip it

so it's called halo 3 ODST instead of halo 3 recon?

that's the stupidest name i've ever heard

It sounds great but I don't care I never even finished Halo 3 because the single player was rubbish.

I agree single player does need a little improvement. It's kind of plain. The multiplayer is still amazing though.

In Video Game Land Surrounded By Super Hot Chicks who Skateboard and Play Video Games, Its Magical.

it kinda sucks that they made it ODST from Recon but hey I am a fan of Halo and can't wait to pick this one up at the end of the year.
    Runescape Player

Retired Gamers-Forum Global Moderator

Thread Information