Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Build a gaming PC

Hey guys....im a new comer to the gaming thing....i play at my cuz house on his PS3...like games like far cry, call of duty, crysis etc

I decided to build a PC to enable me to play these games and I need help on what components and what brand of components to buy.

Im not willing to spend thousands on a gaming rig but i don't want a low end system either.

Hope you guys can help me...I will appreciate all of your opinions and advise.

Thanks

Shazzz...

you need:

Dual core cpu of 2.6GHz+
    2GB Ram
    GeForce 8600GT or equivalent ATI Radeon GPU
    600-700 Watts PSU

Those are the things you have to worry about at the moment, the hard drive and cd rom drive, flash drives, etc..won't make a lot of difference - for savings you should go for AMD processors and motherboards - the above mentioned are just some recommendations to help you run the games you mentioned.

and you shouldn't really worry about the brand, most computer parts come with reviews which can be found online, just read a few of those and you'll be fine.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I saw brands like ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, EVGA etc..all have good or ok ratings but thew price is different obviously, however, I was told i need to know what i'm buying because of compatibility of components...don't wanna buy stuff then they don't work when put together.

Also, RAM DDR2 or DDR3? I personally prefer intel cpu's and ATi's graphics.....

help...

DDR2 ram is better

and as for the brands, they all have their ups and downs - i know people that are asus fans, others that are EVGA fans, I prefer to buy Gigabyte motherboards - they last a very long time and I am just used to them

as for compatibility, you have to know what your motherboard handles, like what kind of a GPU you can install, and how much power you can add, how many hard drives you can have, etc. - thats the compatibility of the components

and I'm the opposite of you, I prefer AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

U prefer AMD processors even thought the benchmarks results lean towards intels chips? Why?
    I also would like to know the difference in ram timing and if i must buy Corsair RAM.

In addition, the whole overclocking thing..i do not understand...

I prefer AMD because they are cheaper and they can provide just as much power, intel is just a bigger company so they have more fans than AMD but you can't count out AMD. I have nothing against intel, i just prefer amd more, it's been good to me over the years.

and ram timing - the shorter the time, the faster it will load files and programs, etc..

overclocking just makes the core speed faster, usually done to GPUs where a 500mhz core clock can be overclocked to let's say 600mhz - not recommended if you don't know what to do - overclocking can and probably will void any warranty on the card and if you fail, it will blow up, literally and has the potential to damage your other computer parts - that doesn't happen too often but its still a possibility - not to scare you or anything lol

so far i know this:

Item ----> Brand

Motherboard - Gigabyte
    Processor - AMD / intel
    Graphics - ???
    RAM - ??

what do U use??

Gigabyte mobo
    AMD Cpu
    Nvidia geforce 8600gt gpu
    OCZ 4gb RAM - DDR2 866mhz

thats what I use. and you should find what works for you, not anyone else since youa re building the pc yourself

is the GPU the XFX brand?

what kind of games do u run on your system stated and on what resolution??
    Last edited by shazzz69; 01-05-2009 at 07:53 PM.

yea GPU is XFX

i don't run a lot of games, no time for them really but i can tell you my computer can handle COD WAW, far cry, crysis, left 4 dead, and any other game currently out and i usually play on 1280x960

Thread Information