Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EVE Online

Default EVE Online

Does anyone play this game besides me? It's a great Real Time Training game and I love it. Very few (if any) immature players and it just creates its own era version of a good game. I barely see any discussions about this game and was just wondering if anybody plays it. If so, let's get some kinda thread going and maybe a big Corp can form.

Look me up in-game:

Kilin Darathio - Hulk Strip Miner
    Shadow Haul - Support Hauler (in training)

I used to play, but I could just not continue to put in the time it took to make successful raids as a pirate. However, I can definitely concur that there are almost no immature players on there at all. Also, to be any degree of 'good' at this game, you have to develop great skill. Being a pirate (maybe tooting my own horn ) was perhaps the most multitasking I have ever done in my life.

I almost played the game once lol - back when I needed a new mmo in my life...not so much now.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I agree the combat phase is extremely hard on multitasking. I still think it's a great game.

add me, my IGN is clixshper

I started about a month ago and skilling up to mining.

Going pretty smoothly at the moment. Im not on all the time though.

I play it when im doing studies and homework etc from collage. Because i can let my ship mine and multitask from there :P.

eve online isn't free is it? I dont think i ever played an mmorpg for myself that wasn't free lol never tried this one though
    i sign here

No, EVE Online isn't free. It runs the at $15 a month. Minor discounts offered for longer time purchase's at one time. It's far better (in my opinion only) than WoW as far as immature players go. I enjoy the realistic time training concept, but sometimes they are a little extreme. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. If I can't answer you I'm sure someone else can.

As far as what I think, I'll play all my mmo's free except EVE, that I enjoy paying for, even run two accts.

Well, it was initially the first (and last) time I have ever played a Pay To Play game. I spent my demo/trial and first month learning the basics of the game and playing with a friend and his clan...

Then after all my upgrades and exploration and learning, I met some guy out in the field and he messaged me saying he was going to give me some upgrades to help me out - said he knew some of my friends from the clan.

So he jettisoned some junk and being the idiot newb that I was, I grabbed it. Then since it was 'considered' his - he declared war on my theft and blew my sorry little arse clean out of space.

No ship. No point.

That was the last time I played a P2P Game. I decided it wasn't worth my time, money, effort, and anything else to pay a company to Annihilate my Cash.

GG @ Me.

Eve Online: 3/10

To be fair to the game, it seems a little harsh to rate EVE a 3 because you made a simple and understandable mistake and some jerk capitalized on that. I do see where your coming from and unfortunately there are those kind of jerks out there. Just remember that if someone is going to "give" you something, then you dock at a station with them and they can just trade it to you free and legit. I'm sorry that you were taken advantage of like that and like I said, I think it's a little unfair to rate EVE a 3.

Alright, alright.

The game is insanely time consuming.
    I don't like that it takes real-time to learn skills and it would take nearly two months to BUILD the best ship in the game, not to mention the six months it would take to learn the tech to do so. Lol.

The graphics are outstanding.

The music is redundant and slightly annoying.

People are jerks in game. D;

Overall, I didn't find the time the game took to be stimulating enough to continue spending money on it to upgrade a ship that would take the better part of a year to complete.

I'll renig and give it a 4.5/10. Lol.
    You'll get no more from me, Mister! lol.

Thread Information