Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [Exodian Review] Nintendo DS Lite

Ahh, the Nintendo DS L. A refreshing step up from the GameBoy series that Nintendo has been clinging too for so long now. The blessed, dual screen rectangle is a marvel of modern technology and ingenuity, showing us Americans once again that Japan will have robots that end worlds before we can figure out how to make a fuel-efficient car. Lawls. ^_^!

Now, the DS comes in a variety of colors for each of its users and even launched special editions of the hand held console such as Mario Kart DS and Nintendogs, where they had limited edition skins and came in a bundle with the system.

The DS has also had 2 versions - soon to be 3.
    The Original DS was a bulky piece of poorly thought up, non-back lite piece of junk that looked closer to an enema than a hand held console!
    The DS Lite is the sleek beauty to behold now.

The DSi is the newest advancement to the Nintendo DS that should be out sometime this year and features a 3mp camera, No GBA slot, and a larger screen!
    Joyous!
    It also allows you to hop online through its great WiFi connection and purchase games online and store them in your brand new SD slot! Woot! I can't wait until this new product comes out - probably priced around $150 ~ $180.

¦» Maker
    ¦----» Nintendo
    ¦» Ease of Use - 8/10
    ¦----» It's extremely kid friendly and ergonomic. It's a simple, open and play device. After a lot of use though, your wrists start to ache.
    ¦» Durability - 6/10
    ¦----» It's square shape and hard shell make it durable to small falls (< 1 ft), but I wouldn't bank on dropping it from any higher positions, due to the fact that it's still electronic and it has a glass LCD face.
    ¦» Battery Life - 10/10
    ¦----» Outstanding! The Hibernation mode is simply amazing. You can turn the system on, play, and then close it whenever you want to - and the game freezes where you closed it, and awaits you to reopen it again. This does not work with GBA games. It doesn't drain the battery, from what I've seen and I've had mine Hibernate for weeks at a time.
    ¦» Features - 8/10
    ¦----» Microphone.
    ¦----» Dual Screens for adventurous game play.
    ¦----» One touch screen for point-to-click action.
    ¦----» Pressure sensitive face and great DPI readability.
    ¦----» GameBoy Advance compatible.
    ¦----» Back Lit screens allow for great Day time and Night time play!
    ¦----» WiFi connectible. Play with close friends or over your Wireless Internet!
    ¦----» Lithium Ion Battery - that extensive life!

DS Lite

DSi

Console Received: 9/10 Exodian Rating.
    Graphical Output: 9/10 Excellent quality for a hand held!
    Last edited by Exodyus; 03-03-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Why do you want to get this deleted btw?

Otaku For Life - YouTube - MyAnimeList

Click on my signature to go to ProBlackbird's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Why do you want to get this deleted btw?
    Lol... I don't. Trunks already took care of the matter. Thank you though.

I agree with your review <:
    The DS lite is a great little thing and is rather handy 8D
    I actually use mine as an alarm clock. haha
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

[QUOTE=Exodyus;151183]The Original DS was a bulky piece of poorly thought up, non-back lite piece of junk that looked closer to an enema than a hand held console![QUOTE]

Well, actually, I LOVE my Original DS, the first line of Silver/gray ones.
    Not the cheaper line of Gray/Red/Blue, the original one.

What are you talking about non-back lite?
    It's back-light is amazing, doesn't give me headaches looking at it like the Lite does.

Poorly thought up? Explain, that statement goes no where without an explanation.

It looks better then most hand-held consoles. I don't get your statement about the "enema" thing either.

I hate the Lite. I've heard so many stories from my friends on how they break easy, and the size of them is too small for me (I have big hands) so the original is great because of it's size.
    The newer-Old-Style ones suck, if that is what you are referring to, but the original ones are super-high quality. I've had mine since it came out, dropped it an large amount of times, and nothing has broken on it.

Overall, I guess this was a alright review. Nothing special, since most of your opinions weren't explained.
    Samus-Fan :: Graphic Store ¦ Samus Graphics :: Graphics and Blog

Winner of Fourteen Signature Of The Weeks!
    Winner of Two Signature Of The Months!

Quote Originally Posted by LemonRising View Post
    I agree with your review <:
    The DS lite is a great little thing and is rather handy 8D
    I actually use mine as an alarm clock. haha
    Thank you for your input! It is an amazing little device that's wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Samus-Fan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodyus View Post
    The Original DS was a bulky piece of poorly thought up, non-back lite piece of junk that looked closer to an enema than a hand held console!
    Well, actually, I LOVE my Original DS, the first line of Silver/gray ones.
    Not the cheaper line of Gray/Red/Blue, the original one.
    I'm happy for you?

What are you talking about non-back lite?
    It's back-light is amazing, doesn't give me headaches looking at it like the Lite does.
    That "headache" you get is from a real back lit screen, newb. I know it might be difficult for you to understand, but the original DS did not have the bright "back lit" screen like the Lite does. I know, I've used one - within the month, actually.

Right side - Old DS
    Left side - New DS Lite

Proof - Shoo, newb.
    What is the Difference Between Nintendo DS Models?
    What really differentiates the two systems, though, is the original DS screens lack of a backlit screen.Wht this mean is, it will be difficult to see the action in low light conditions. If you're the type who only plays their portable systems in the sun, then this shouldn't concern you too much. However, if you're not a fan of only being able to play your consoles in the most optimal of climates, you might think twice about using the DSfat.
    Poorly thought up? Explain, that statement goes no where without an explanation.
    Obviously it wasn't, since you didn't even know what you were talking about.

Overall, I guess this was a alright review. Nothing special, since most of your opinions weren't explained.
    Thank you for your input.
    Last edited by Exodyus; 03-03-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Great review, My brother decided to sell mine..
    So I'm waiting for the DSi to be released before making another Nintendo purchase
    If you send me FR, let me know who you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodyus View Post
    That "headache" you get is from a real back lit screen, newb. I know it might be difficult for you to understand, but the original DS did not have the bright "back lit" screen like the Lite does. I know, I've used one - within the month, actually.
    I can play mine in pitch black without trouble, so why would having a screen that gives you a headache be an "upgrade"?
    Samus-Fan :: Graphic Store ¦ Samus Graphics :: Graphics and Blog

Winner of Fourteen Signature Of The Weeks!
    Winner of Two Signature Of The Months!

I also have the Original DS and find it better that the lite, mostly because they are easily breakable. The only thing decent about the new DS is the WifI, but I don't play my DS enough to even think about using it.

Decent review, it would look better if you cleaned up your writing and explained things better.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    I also have the Original DS and find it better that the lite, mostly because they are easily breakable. The only thing decent about the new DS is the WifI, but I don't play my DS enough to even think about using it.

Decent review, it would look better if you cleaned up your writing and explained things better.
    I agree and I didn't say anything about the original DS being any less fragile? I don't know where that whole train of thought came from, but it derailed with Samus.

And thanks for the tip - I'll definitely work on my wording and make it SO simplistic, a caveman could understand it! <3
    Last edited by LiNuX; 03-03-2009 at 06:59 PM.

Thread Information