Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In Video Game Land Surrounded By Super Hot Chicks who Skateboard and Play Video Games, Its Magical.

Default Back to Graphics

Well I am back to making graphics and this is my first work. Rate comment and you know the drill.

Runescape Player

Retired Gamers-Forum Global Moderator

not much of a sig but good work on the effects, looks more like a mini banner ad on some site, the flash makes it as if the site name is coming up next lol

good work there
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Well - first of off, I'm already irritated by the fact that it's a tacky and no offense, tasteless use of animation. It's bright, it's slightly obnoxious, and it's totally random in the sig.
    Second off, the beginning image is poorly rendered. There's white specs and random stuff all OVER the place that should have been edited out, because it becomes blatantly obvious when then obscene blight of white takes over from the middle of no-where.

Thirdly, the Dodge Tool is not to be used to R A P E innocent images. It's also not good for making eyes. You know why? Because the character on the right side of the image... he's looking RIGHT - not directly at the front of this image - and therefore, his "eye" shouldn't be a perfect circle, but an oblong oval that "seems" like it's looking right.

Finally, after all the hating is done on the main image, your rings on the black background - are severely pixelated. And the text is kinda obnoxious also...

I'd say a solid 3/10. Keep on, keepin' on though - eventually you'll get the hang of it.

PS -
    I don't mean to be rude, so please don't hate. It's 1:20 am and I just got out of a 2 hour car ride and I slept about 6 hours the night before, so I'm a little grumps. ;X

In Video Game Land Surrounded By Super Hot Chicks who Skateboard and Play Video Games, Its Magical.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodyus View Post
    Well - first of off, I'm already irritated by the fact that it's a tacky and no offense, tasteless use of animation. It's bright, it's slightly obnoxious, and it's totally random in the sig.
    Second off, the beginning image is poorly rendered. There's white specs and random stuff all OVER the place that should have been edited out, because it becomes blatantly obvious when then obscene blight of white takes over from the middle of no-where.

Thirdly, the Dodge Tool is not to be used to R A P E innocent images. It's also not good for making eyes. You know why? Because the character on the right side of the image... he's looking RIGHT - not directly at the front of this image - and therefore, his "eye" shouldn't be a perfect circle, but an oblong oval that "seems" like it's looking right.

Finally, after all the hating is done on the main image, your rings on the black background - are severely pixelated. And the text is kinda obnoxious also...

I'd say a solid 3/10. Keep on, keepin' on though - eventually you'll get the hang of it.

PS -
    I don't mean to be rude, so please don't hate. It's 1:20 am and I just got out of a 2 hour car ride and I slept about 6 hours the night before, so I'm a little grumps. ;X
    None taken. I mean I haven't done any graphics in a long time so I am getting back to it. Thanks for your input.
    Runescape Player

oooooh silly eric I do agree with all of Exodyus' points. I'm no graphics expert myself and can't do much better but not too bad for getting back into it!

I'd give it a 4/10

I'd have to agree totally with Ex 3/10
    but keep at it and you'll swiftly return to pure awesomeness
    If you send me FR, let me know who you are!

Quote Originally Posted by GF Eric View Post
    None taken. I mean I haven't done any graphics in a long time so I am getting back to it. Thanks for your input.
    Much love, man. Sorry about the harsh post - really. I re-read that and went, "OhGod ...no more posting for Jeff when he's a grumpy old man. D:"

Sorry, bro - if you need help, please don't hesitate to ask for tips.

awwwww. so far that's the nicest thing i've ever heard, er. read. you say...

what a stand up guy...!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodyus View Post
    Much love, man. Sorry about the harsh post - really. I re-read that and went, "OhGod ...no more posting for Jeff when he's a grumpy old man. D:"

Sorry, bro - if you need help, please don't hesitate to ask for tips.
    Not harsh at all and no need to be sorry. I like it when people are brutally honest. It gives me a standard to go higher even though I am very low right now as I just got back into it after about almost a year.

Like knibbler said, I will return to pure awesomeness.
    Runescape Player

Good job on animating... I can never do anything creative when it comes to that. I agree with Exodyus as well... he is really good at making his points clear.

Thread Information