Default UN and Black Cars

I'm not entirly sure how true this is, but I heard that the UN istrying to ban all black cars because they supposedly "warm up the eath". I'm wondering if anybody else has heard this.

I have and it's not the UN, it's California

The California legislature is considering regulating the color of cars and reflectivity of paint to reduce the energy requirements to cool them. A presentation on the proposed legislation by the California Air Resources Board is below.

The problem isn’t the color per se, but the reflectivity of the paint overall. And dark colors just don’t reflect well, so they are likely out. “Jet black remains an issue,” says the report.

Anyone who’s ever entered a very hot car knows that it can be cooled down immediately by driving a few feet with the windows open, effectively neutralizing any color-caused heat issues before engaging the air conditioner. But whatever, black is evil.

The new regulations would be phased in beginning in 2012, so if you want that black car, you better buy it soon. More on Autoblog and CrunchGear.

And you thought that black Toyota Pious you bought made you such a good person. Think again, you tree hating energy slob. Luckily, black websites are still ok, even though they, too, use more energy.
    California May Ban Black Cars

quite retarded if you ask me, there's better things to go after if your into saving the environment

Oh, well thats better than the whole world. It's not like it would have gone through though. But ya your right. There are plenty of other things to be worried about other than the color of cars.

black absorbs heat so the only thing that'll get warmed up is the car. and some of it's surrounding....why not turn the roads white then? That covers a hell of a lot more surface area than all the cars on the road.

Luckily, black websites are still ok, even though they, too, use more energy.
    LOL....
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Rofl. And ya, that would make more sense, but it would cost a lot lol. I just think the whole idea is rediculas though. Or maybe make more white cars and less black cars.

Yeah, I don't think the color of cars is what they should be worrying about. There are a lot of others things that would be better to change. Besides, black is a good color... you can't ban good colors.

Thread Information