Thread: Fallout 3

Default Fallout 3

Voted best RPG in the Video Game Awards, Fallout 3! This game has revolutionised RPG's, with it's state of the art graphics, and it's great (but short) strory line. This is one of my favorite games of all time.Though this takes a very big turn from it's first two, which are more strategy games and third person (this being because they were made by Bethesda instead of Black Isle) it is still a great game.
    You start out as a baby just being born, but this is just a cut seen. Then you grow up to be a toddler. Here you learn to walk and the rest of the controlls. Also, here you choose your stat levels for your Strength, Intelligence, Charisma, and more. Then from toddler you go to your childhood at your tenth birthday party. Here you get your very own pipboy! This will become your most used item through out the game. It's sorta like your main menu. After this you finally grow up to be 16. Here you take the G.O.A.T. This chooses your career which gives you a jump start on some of your skills. After this, you leave the vault to the Capital Wasteland. To start your own life, good or bad.

One great thing about this game is that there are so many things that effect what happens in the main quest and the rest of your journey. At one point you have the chance to blow up a city! What makes you good or bad are your choices. All your choices give you either good or bad karma, some more than others. Depending how bad or good you are effects what some poeple do or say and effects how some quests end. It really effects everything you do.
    Another great thing about this game is how big of an area it gives you to explore. The Capital Wasteland is huge. It covers from the capital building and north east outside the capital and further. Into the outskirts. And with the expantions, it gives yo even more to do, and more to explore.

There are many diffrent types of weapons and many different people you can meet. There are special guns and some very powerful ones. Some people will follow you and help you along the way. Some of these people can really help and make the game a lot easier. Some of the weapons are also really good and make the game a lot easier. Thats another good thing about te game. It has a great variety of weapons.
    The graphics in this game a great, but the lighting, not so much. In some of the darker areas, even with your light on, it's still hard to see. Even outside, the lighting during the late hours is very aquerd and can even hurt your eyes( I know it hurt mine).
    Another problem with this game is that there is no xbox live game play. I wish there was some sort of verses mode. Some more player verses player action would be awsome. There is some DLC though, like the new expantions. These gave you some more thing to explore and new items to use. Their is also a new one coming out that is expanding the main quest line which I think is way to short and the ending of the game just leaves ou hanging.

Finally, is the leveling up. You level up with exp, which you gain by killing enimies, doing questes, and much more. Each time you level up, you are given the chance to choose a perk. Perks are special abilities that lets you do things you can't usually do or give you extra skill points. (Skill points are things like lockpicking or big guns which improve the way you handle things like big guns or lock picks.)
    Overall, this was a great game. I thought that it had the great combination of horror, adventure, and shooters. It had a great, but short stryline, and great graphics, other than the lighting. Plus great characters and the way they speak.

Rating:

Graphics: 8/10. Some of the best i've seen. Other han the lighting.

Characters:8/10. The people in the game are great. They are every diffrent and can work on there own with out you there. You can also have them follow you and help you alog the way.

Storyline:6/10. I liked the way they did it, but I don't like the way they endit, and it's way too short.

Game Play:7/10. The controlls ar easy to follow and easy to navigate around the world. The enimies are also realy cool. They are from the giants to the tiny.

Life Span:5/10. I don't think that there is enough to do. Even with the quests, which there isn't really enough of.

Overall: 8/10. It was really good game other than the shortness. You get done with it quickly, but othen than that, it was really good. Some much variety and diffrent things to do. Just there aren't enough quests and the main quest is too short.
    Last edited by Flab-Ender; 04-11-2009 at 12:08 AM.

Great review. I found fallout 3 to be an amazing game, and I found that I was instantly immersed into all the action and nuclear aftermath as soon as I stepped out of the Vault.

Awesome review, but I honestly didn't find the game all that great..
    I was probably on it for no more than 2 hours before staring blankly at the screen thinking "Why on earth am I wasting my time with this!"
    I just found the game to be extremely boring, as I did with Oblivian..
    If you send me FR, let me know who you are!

Quote Originally Posted by knibbler View Post
    Awesome review, but I honestly didn't find the game all that great..
    I was probably on it for no more than 2 hours before staring blankly at the screen thinking "Why on earth am I wasting my time with this!"
    I just found the game to be extremely boring, as I did with Oblivian..
    I loved oblivion. It was one of the best games I played, thats probley why I liked Fallout 3 so much. Bethesda is probley my favorite gaming company.

hmm i didnt think the story line was short at all but i did do all the missions so that may be why im only missing 2 mo achievements yay i was really into this game same as oblivion.. great game 9.8/10

Thread Information