Default Might get new graphics card

I'm pretty sure that I will get a new graphics card because my other one seems out of date. The one I'm planning on buying is the Geforce GTX 295. Well I think it is that. But i don't know what to do with my old one Geforce GTS 8800 640. I'm not sure if I should sell it on Ebay, a computer store, or put it in the junk bin. Anyone know what they would do in my shoes?

Before you get anything, check your motherboard. If you are running an older machine, your board might not be able to accommodate a heavier card. (We were kinda talking about that in the last thread you opened.) So make sure you jot down your board brand and model before you head out to the store, and check compatibility.

Also, if memory serves, certain brands/models play better with others. I think there was a thread about that somewhere, so look for that before you proceed.

Imho (and because Mac ownership has made me lazy) you can buy a new machine for the cost and effort it will take for you to build one. I for one have been out of the loop for a long enough time that I don't feel as confident about building something from the ground up (that may change in a few months, idk). If you have to replace your motherboard, you might as well consider either buying something new or having someone put together something for you--replacing the mobo is basically a rebuild.

As for the old one, you can chop it into pieces and make jewelry for your mom. Mother's Day is coming up. She would like that.

if his mobo can handle geforce 8800 then it'll most likely be able to handle the GTX 295 - if I remember correctly, they both have the same PCI figures.

as for certain brands and models working better together - you are thinking about the motherboard and GPU chipsets

and if you want to sell it, I'd say do it on eBay, best bet to get the best deal - selling it at a store is never worth it for stuff like this
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Well they both will fit onto my mobo I know that for sure. I don't know if my tower has the space for it... :\ I probably will just go home sometime and check the measurements online and then go check my tower. If they don't work, I'll just go get another case. Money's no issue here so I'll get what I need. I had my eye on a nice case, but then it vanished and now I don't remember the name! The horror!

Oh my! I smell pizza! My flippnig teacher bought Papa John's for himself.... Bah!

Lightbulb how about this

you could even use your older card as a physx processing unit while your 295 handles your graphics...(improves frame rates)

Thread Information