Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Help!!! PS3 or Xbox360?

I'm looking to buy a gaming console soon, and I know nothing about them. I've asked a few of my friends what they would recommend and it's become a toss up between a PS3 and an Xbox360. At the moment I'm leaning more towards a 360 because it's cheaper.
    So, basically what I'm asking is which console is the best, in your opinion for a complete novice? Which has the wider selection of games (if there's any difference), and which has the better features?

why would you open this in a thread talking about XP and Vista? the next time you do it we'll consider it spam and and ban you.

read the rules and post all threads in the appropriate categories.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

My choice is guided by a few things. I'm getting a 360.

Beyond the wide range of games, I have a Netflix subscription. The unit will stream Netflix films in addition to playing DVDs and CDs (if you still have those). You don't really need anything else hooked up to your TV except your DVR if you have one.

My brother and a few of my friends have 360s, so I can join their online community. If you have friends you want to play with on one platform or another, that might be a factor to consider. I've heard that the online play is much better than the PS3.

I've heard good things about the range of games. I have a friend who has a PS3, so I'm going to play his box when I want games that are exclusive to that platform.

It's not a case of a platform war. It's weighing what matters to you and making your decision based on that. Graphics, range of games, gameplay, what you played in the past and where your loyalties lie--all of these are critical to figuring out what you will purchase.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Vannot View Post
    I'm looking to buy a gaming console soon, and I know nothing about them. I've asked a few of my friends what they would recommend and it's become a toss up between a PS3 and an Xbox360. At the moment I'm leaning more towards a 360 because it's cheaper.
    So, basically what I'm asking is which console is the best, in your opinion for a complete novice? Which has the wider selection of games (if there's any difference), and which has the better features?
    Okay so hear is a few options to you since I have both. It is worth it money wise less expensive than the ps3. Ps3 with system extra controller game and what not your looking at $700 bucks. You could score a 360 for $200 bucks. It has better chat and party options vs the ps3 you can only talk to someone if your are both playing the same game (given its multiplayer) or on your dashboard in a video chat. You can have up to 7 people in a chat on the 360. Now for the ps3 its a blue ray player also and the graphics are bad ass. Sometimes has games exclusively for ps3 like little big planet was the most top rated game of last year. The @ home is pretty cool there are some game pods where you can hang with people who have the same game you have or you could just dance on people play a crappy few guitar game or fly a plane in the red bull area. 360's break easily so if you get one I suggest you get a warranty or you will regret it later. It's up to you depending on your cash flow. Maybe someday you will have the cash to spring for both...

^ Kitey I have the netflix and it think its kinda gay. You can't get new movies for instant play and it always tells you to re-register you box.
    Last edited by Choke On Candy; 04-26-2009 at 05:55 PM.
    What you saying LiL Bird?

Get a 360.
    The only way you'd want a ps3, is if you didn't care about online play, graphics are a necessity (the 360 isn't that far behind though), and you enjoy blu-ray. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Choke On Candy View Post
    ^ Kitey I have the netflix and it think its kinda gay. You can't get new movies for instant play and it always tells you to re-register you box.
    Oh boo. That was one of the things I was rather looking forward to--I like watching movies on demand and sitting at my computer to watch the films on my list isn't terribly comfy.

Default PS3 or Xbox 360

Definitely, you should buy a PS3. Think about it. Yes, you may be paying more for a PS3, but in the long run, it is worth it. I know it is for me. I enjoy being able to play online without paying fees, and who doesn't like free online gameplay? Really. I believe that is enough said. Buy a PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMoff View Post
    Definitely, you should buy a PS3. Think about it. Yes, you may be paying more for a PS3, but in the long run, it is worth it. I know it is for me. I enjoy being able to play online without paying fees, and who doesn't like free online gameplay? Really. I believe that is enough said. Buy a PS3.
    Dude, the 360's online play is cheap in the long run.
    Like, 13 cents a day.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMoff View Post
    50 bucks a year for all that content really isn't that much

Quote Originally Posted by Kitey View Post
    Oh boo. That was one of the things I was rather looking forward to--I like watching movies on demand and sitting at my computer to watch the films on my list isn't terribly comfy.
    Don't get me wrong the netflix feature is awesome. They come out with movies every week but just not new ones. I have 130 some movies/TV shows in my queue I'm sure you will like it just fine.
    What you saying LiL Bird?

Thread Information