Thread: Dead Sites

Default Dead Sites

Am I the only one that notice there is a really high number of dead sites around the net ? Does anyone else find this annoying when surfing the net ? I do is there really that many sites that 1.1 billion ppl can go to so many sites and there still be so many left for dead . Does anyone have a figure on like how many sites there are or how many forums because there is alot of free forums out that die quickly and I run across them alot and that makes me angry because the owner doesnt have any money invested like in a real site that is dead so he/she could just close it and down instead of making me sift through the dead while searching for new sites./rant over

Default Re: Dead Sites

i've seen a lot, like those really old blogs, not updated for years, ghost towns in some other forums.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Yeah, I've seen a lot too. Oh well, I guess it's something we have to deal with on the internet.

its inevitable that sites will be active forever, usually really active sites go down because the owners arent active or arent updating it often enough. for a blog for example, if no posts were made in 30 days i'd call it inactive. blogs should be posted on at least once every 2 or 3 weeks.

I've seen a lot of dead sites; in fact, I've even run into some site about to be dead. Like when there are still people but the Admin gave up and there is a lot of spam......... Maybe we can keep that from happening on this site for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyCat72
    I've seen a lot of dead sites; in fact, I've even run into some site about to be dead. Like when there are still people but the Admin gave up and there is a lot of spam......... Maybe we can keep that from happening on this site for a while.
    Lol, I'm sure Linux won't let that happen .

nope, spam? only in the spam board lol, otherwise, we havent had a spammer register here to advertise their crap in a looooong time, last time was november if i remember correctly i wont let this forum die, NEVER. lol, new contest will come soon, hopefully it'll bring in more users. Hint: CS Related.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

i saw this other forum the other day, it had like 3000 members, and next to active users, it said 2 rofl :P guess thats dead, i dont know what kinda forum it was, does this one show the active members too?
    i sign here

Thread Information