Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Only it isn't COD4-2. It's just Modern Warfare 2.

Infinity Ward dropped the COD title because they were fed up with the bad impression Treyarch creates with its crappy COD games.

This vietnam-era game is going to suck. Mainly for America depending on the story. No offence but the reason there has been very little vietnam games is because you lost that one. So unless somehow they depict the US winning it or on a moral high ground or something America won't buy or sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by puds View Post
    Only it isn't COD4-2. It's just Modern Warfare 2.

Infinity Ward dropped the COD title because they were fed up with the bad impression Treyarch creates with its crappy COD games.

This vietnam-era game is going to suck. Mainly for America depending on the story. No offence but the reason there has been very little vietnam games is because you lost that one. So unless somehow they depict the US winning it or on a moral high ground or something America won't buy or sell it.
    hmmm,
    It wasn't Infinity Ward who made the decision to drop the CoD title. You're just hearing what all the gamers are saying. Activision was the one who made the decision to have the game call Modern Warfare 2. It wasn't because WaW was bad either, because it wouldn't make any since, Activision sponsors Treyarch to make the games, if they didn't want Treyarch to "Ruin" the title, they just would quit sponsoring them. Anyway, Activision just decided that the Modern warfare was of a different genre compared to the other CoD titles. Which it is, it's the only game that's not based on WW2.

Anyway, I'm not making any decisions on this game until I at least see a teaser trailer.

And for the most part, the reason the CoD title was dropped from Modern Warfare 2 is because MW2 is a proper sequel to CoD: MW and not just another title in the series.. and both Activision and Infinity Ward chose to drop the CoD title to aid in justifying that.
    If you send me FR, let me know who you are!

Well, whatever, I actually didn't go off what gamers said but what infinity ward told IGN but yeah that isn't really my point. I was more or less correcting what was said earlier about MW2 being a COD game which it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by knibbler View Post
    And for the most part, the reason the CoD title was dropped from Modern Warfare 2 is because MW2 is a proper sequel to CoD: MW and not just another title in the series.. and both Activision and Infinity Ward chose to drop the CoD title to aid in justifying that.
    Yea, of course IW was in the decision also, I just meant that Activision had the final say in it. IW could of said they didn't want and would really have no choice. Though that wasn't really the case.

Judging by the gameplay footage at E3 it looks amazing although the only real difference to gameplay seems to be the less linear feel plus the lack of a HUD (which is all good).

Does anyone actually think that now there is two definite franchises they should take a little bit longer to develop these games? I mean sure it's great that we get a new COD/ MW game every year now and they are mostly good games but can you imagine what they would be like if they took maybe instead of a year maybe two years?

I personally believe Activision should have never got Treyarch involved and just given the job to Infinity Ward to bring out a new CoD game every 2 years.. because, lets face it.. there isn't a single decent CoD game made by Treyarch. Personally the only decent games developed by Treyarch are Spiderman and Quantum of Solace..

I don't feel Treyarch could make a decent CoD even if they were given 5 years to make one,
    Last edited by Knibbler; 09-24-2009 at 04:15 AM.
    If you send me FR, let me know who you are!

Quote Originally Posted by puds View Post
    Judging by the gameplay footage at E3 it looks amazing although the only real difference to gameplay seems to be the less linear feel plus the lack of a HUD (which is all good).

Does anyone actually think that now there is two definite franchises they should take a little bit longer to develop these games? I mean sure it's great that we get a new COD/ MW game every year now and they are mostly good games but can you imagine what they would be like if they took maybe instead of a year maybe two years?
    I agree, I will def. get MW 2 just for the campgian, but I'll most likely play the multiplayer as well. and I'll of course get it for the pc. There will probably be a HUD for the game as well, it was probably just disabled so you could see more of the game.

and basically they have 2 years to make a title. A new CoD title comes out every year, but Treyarch and IW take turns. So each game gets close to 2 years for development. Also I'm guessing that IW is already thinking about their next game as well. Now that their is probably just a small part of IW still working on MW 2, they won't let the other members sit around on their thumbs.

Oh yeh i totally didn't think about what I was saying then. :S

I prefer shooters that have a very limited HUD like in hardcore modes on MW where there isn't anything on the screen. I think it makes the game more immersive and you can really connect to the game and its characters on a greater level.

Idk But it might be pretty cool..

Thread Information