Default Steam isolated me, QQ Days ahead.

I just purchased Far Cry 2, after hearing some so-so comments, to see for myself how I'd like it.
    But for some stupid reason, Steam, When I run the game the sound DOES NOT work.
    I've tried every thing from re-installing the game, rendering Audio Output, Re-logging into my Steam account and Changing the 'bEnableAudio'.
    But of-course none of the technical **** worked.
    So I went to the first place any Steam PC gamer would go to for help, The Steam Forums!
    Oh no, whats this? My User name, password AND e-mail are all invalid though I'm logged into the program? QQ!

I never got to ask my question about Far Cry,
    My account is clearly invalid,
    steam won't send my e-mail validation because the e-mail doesn't exist,
    and my addiction for FPS games haven't been fed since the new TF2 patch.

Any solutions GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Complaining till I get what I want ,

Trama

Im guessing the forum email and password is separate from the client, so I would start by registering on the forums.

Next, I would like to ask what type of sound card you are using, it may not be the game or the client at all. It could be your hardware itself.

Two more solutions I would try is making sure your sound card drivers are up to date. If they are then uninstall the driver for your sound device and reinstall it.

Remember, I just give the advice You dont have to take it, I am not responsible for what goes down in the end.

Let me know if it ends up working for you!

the steam forum is seperate from the steam client, I did that and was real p1ssed because i couldnt log in, it took 3 days for my account to be activated (forum account) and it's diffrent from your steam ID or you can have the same, but for some reason mine didnt fit.

i'd suggest that you try to download the latest drivers for your sound and graphics cards. and try updateing your DirectX.

also right click on the game in the steam games tab, proporties, and veryfy game cache. if you still have the problems, i'm sure that someone on the steam forum will be able to help you. or the steam customer support will definatly be able to help.

I did a brief search after reading this TramaMama, and the only thing that seems to come up again and again is checking that your sound drivers are up to date. Apparently in the readme file it states that there are 'some' issues with soundcards like realtek and also audigy cards, but these have been mostly addressed with cumulative patches - these patches should've been applied thru your steam client automatically (which is the default), unless you've disabled them.

Aside from that this thread might be of some use, as it seems some of the FC2 players managed to get theirs working .. Far Cry 2 - No Sound! - Futuremark / YouGamers Forums

Hope at least some of this helps you mate.

Thread Information