Thread: Fallout 3

Default Fallout 3

I've watched the trailers for this game. I found them to be pretty interesting but I've got a question, how does Fallout 3 compare to Chronicles of Morrorwind. Is the game as vast as Morrorwind?(How does it compare to Oblivion for the xb360, more specificly) I can't play a game as big as morrorwind because of the time it takes to actually get into the game. What are some highlights of the game? I've never played the fallout series

Everything.
    It'll have you addicted.
    Awesome story line.
    I even had fun playing through the whole game cheating.
    Cause i like died...way too much.
    Definitely one to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by getbust3d View Post
    I've watched the trailers for this game. I found them to be pretty interesting but I've got a question, how does Fallout 3 compare to Chronicles of Morrorwind. Is the game as vast as Morrorwind?(How does it compare to Oblivion for the xb360, more specificly) I can't play a game as big as morrorwind because of the time it takes to actually get into the game. What are some highlights of the game? I've never played the fallout series
    well, i heard that fallout 3 isn't really anything like fallout 1 or 2, and it's more like the elder scrolls series.

i'm sure it's pretty comparable to oblivion, in terms of open-ness and vast-ness. i doubt it's as big as morrowind, that game is huge (its bigger than oblivion)

(no, i've never played fallout 3, this is just based on things i've heard, which is quite a bit)

Fallout 3 is AMAZING!

Played and beaten it twice now in the last 6 months as both a good and evil character. It utilizes the same engine as Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion so if you're used to that you'll like Fallout 3. You don't need to have played 1 or 2 because the storylines are not 100 percent intertwined and the gameplay is also different. Cool story, awesome weapons/character skills. LOTS of sidequests.

The main quest on the regular game takes about 12 hours to complete, but with all the sidequests and now the expansions you're looking at easily 50-60 hours plus.

If you liked oblivion then you will love Fallout3 its a great RPG and fun to explore.

The world's pretty big, though not as big as Oblivion or Morrowind, including the new content that's come out. Instead of raw size, however, Bethesda (I doubt I spelled that right) wanted to reinvent the meaning of a deep, complex world. Most quests in Oblivion would take you about 20 minutes to finish, while quests in Fallout could probably take you close to 2 hours. On the flip side, there are also far, far fewer quests in Fallout period than in Oblivion. Basically, Fallout's got quality while Oblivion's got quantity.

To answer your question, while I loved the game (second best RPG of 08 in my opinion), it does take a while to get into. There's a lot of options on how to approach the game, whether it be class or choice or anything in between. It probably scares off the casual gamers a bit. But its still a great game and worth a look at.

- The Great Archon
    The weak survive. The strong prosper

Its a wonderful game, it will keep you playing and questing (so long as you like games like this). Though after playing I didn't want to again, bad replay value IMO.

Thread Information