Post Champions online First Impression(Preview)

Intro-
    Yo guys I just got done playing in the Champions online Beta, like last week
    I didn't play enough to Review it Effectively but I can give you a little Preview
    and possibly some Videos of Gameplay I Recorded with a friend.

Story-
    So from my limited Time playing the Game Basically there's tons of heroes taking on tons of Mutants and villains with a Few Super Villains (Kinda like a Boss that you would fight in an instance on WoW) as well as the "Aliens" called Qularr are appearing everywhere, so there's plenty of hero work that needs to be done.

Gameplay-
    As for the Game play you start out spending, Really you could spend an hour easily just customizing your Hero.
    YouTube - Champions online First Impression 1 Character Creation

After that you beat up some Villains/aliens There's 3 different Control Settings The Default, The Fantasy Game type and the action Game type.

I went with Default and it's pretty much like any other MMO you hit 1-0 and your Hero does an attack, some attacks you only need to press once These are called Energy Builders and you need Energy to do your more Powerful attacks, so for Example you would Press 1 being your energy Builder then when you have enough energy press 2 being your powerful attack,
    if you press 2 it doesn't interrupt your Energy Builder you'll just continue attacking, which is very nice.

After you finish the First Mission/Tutorial. you goto either a Desert or Canada with snow and you can Power up get one more Power as well as a Travel Power Which are all very Cool, Unique and Fast.
    YouTube - Champions online First Impression 2 The start and Power upgrades

Personally I only tried Teleportation, (which is awesome and my favorite)Super Speed, (good for ranged Powers) flight, (pretty cool there's actually Villains and enemies to fight in the air so you can have mid air battles) Acrobatics which just looks cool and is good for Dodgeing attacks. A Friend Had Jet boots those looked pretty sweet.
    But all the Travel Powers include the following-
    1. Flight
    2. Jet Boots
    3. Super Speed
    4. Teleport
    5. Acrobatics
    6. Swinging
    7. Super Jump
    8. Ice Slide
    9. Tunneling
    10. Rocket Jump
    11. Fire Flight
    12. Hover Disk
    13. Earth Flight

Now to the Leveling and quests So Champions online is Quests, I mean if you don't like quests you wont like Champions online, that's the only way to Level Effectively it's your Typical MMO now days
    YouTube - Champions online First Impression 4 Pummeling The Pummeler

I tried PVP once and I have a Feeling it's not Balanced at all I had no chance at all as a Martial artist I kept Getting shot by arrows and Ice and dieing before I could reach anyone (though it was cool seeing an arrow sticking out of my chest)

Graphics-
    The Graphics are good, not Great but Good they went for a Comic look so it's not very Demanding Either. one cool thing you can do in this game is Change the Colors of all your Powers/attacks, it can't be White or black though or at least I couldn't get it to be.

Sounds-
    Sounds like you would expect it to, there could be more sounds such as your guy grunts while he's punching but as it is all you hear is the sound of your attack.

Your Enemies do Grunt some but in my opinion this is where most MMO's Fault, I wish they would have Taunts and laughs, just little Sounds that would make a big difference.

As for the music, it is very Epic but does get repetitive after awhile I just turned both the music and the atmosphere sounds off because if your in Canada especially you hear a constant sound of Wind blowing.

Final Thoughts-
    1. I had Fun, it's been awhile for an MMO
    2. $200 life time Subscription is Tempting
    3. it Could get old doing quests over and over
    4. it needs more Events other then PVP arena

My Rating-
    N/A I don't Feel I can Rate or Fully Review it yet, I only spent a Day or two playing it.
    Last edited by Shixx; 09-02-2009 at 10:24 PM.

Lol. Nice review shixx :P

im not getting this game. when it comes to PC games i only play old ones..... lol cause theyre the only ones my laptop can handle. im working on postal 2, for review
    PSN = Street_Soldier69 [/B][/COLOR]

How much does it cost ? ... is it download only ?

It's $10 or $15 a month or $200 for a life time.
    and you can buy it in stores also I believe, probably around $40 with one free month

Quote Originally Posted by shixx View Post
    It's $10 or $15 a month or $200 for a life time.
    and you can buy it in stores also I believe, probably around $40 with one free month
    Wow a lifetime fee. I have never heard of that, but I think its a great idea for MMOs.
    Awesome Game - Play some awesome games.

Thread Information