View Poll Results: Do you believe in evolution?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 65.22%
  • No

6 26.09%
  • I'm uncertain/unconvinced/ i don't care

2 8.70%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Samus-Fan View Post
    I believe in Evolution, because the science behind it is so strong to prove it.
    From Apes? I dunno. I think Apes turned into that human that starts with an m, and then we evolved from that, but only because the bone structures are so alike.
    not from apes, from a common ancestor - don't know why so many people think we came from apes. We broke off into different branches at some part of evolution. Common misconception, but I don't mind pointing it out since I used to think this as well years back.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Evolution is basically proven. Normally the people who don't believe in it, don't know how much evidence it's based on or they're just really religious.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Evolution is basically proven. Normally the people who don't believe in it, don't know how much evidence it's based on or they're just really religious.
    I know really religious people that believe in evolution

it's more like being stubborn. Some people can't handle believing something that contradicts the teachings of religion. Millions of people still think the earth was created in 7 days and that the universe is just a few thousand years old even though carbon and radioactive dating on our own planet shows it to be a few billion years old.

And about the 7 days thing, what is 7 days to god if god is beyond time? No one can explain that and sound like they know what they are talking about.

I'm not an atheist or anything but the science part just overwhelms the religious part of my life.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

I still believe that there is something, but I think evolution is more of how everything happened, but not really the why part. ( didn't we have a thread about this before lol? )

The Big Bang Theory is what I question. I mean I understand that all the atoms fused or whatever they did lol. But how did that little point get there, like before it exploded? It had to get there some way, something had to make it happen.

that's what scientists are trying to figure out - so far Stephen Hawking has the closest theory that makes sense - he stated that the universe started from the explosion of a singularity, a slight weakness in gravity allowed for the singularity to explode and expand letting everything out

but we really have no way to prove it - the LHC is supposed to give us some answers and hopefully they come up with something.

Another theory is the membrane theory - two universes touched which was a big enough impact to create a big bang - this one makes less sense than Hawking's. But only time will tell, just like with evolution - evolution is fairly new compared to the rest of human history, and I'm sure one day, the theory of everything will turn into a "law" and it will be accepted everywhere just like evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    that's what scientists are trying to figure out - so far Stephen Hawking has the closest theory that makes sense - he stated that the universe started from the explosion of a singularity, a slight weakness in gravity allowed for the singularity to explode and expand letting everything out
    That confuses me no end. If there's a gravitational field, there must be some type of mass in the centre. Then again, I'm looking from the prospective of a high school student, not the arguably best physicist in the world.

In my opinion, Evolution is the best plausible theory. It's possible that somebody else might come up with an even more convincing theory (though i doubt it).
    When people start ranting at how it was God who created us, I always ask "who created God?". That normally shuts them up. But we know it was chemical, biological and enviromental reactions that made evolution occur.

One word. Extraterrestrials.

My science teachers don't like me very much because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle-chan View Post
    One word. Extraterrestrials.

My science teachers don't like me very much because of that.
    Because you're an extraterrestrial? or because you think they exist?

Evolution has proofs. but creationism requires faith. so i go with evolution. i don't believe in any intelligent design theories and religious preaching for it.

Thread Information