Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Questions about graphics cards.

I have a low-end graphics card that I just installed last week and its a
    Nvidia GeForce2 MX/400 (8x AGP)

I sometimes play counterstrike 1.6 and it runs great, with all the graphics. But then when I play Counter strike Source, it doesn't really show a lot... (like the walls are gone, ground is gone, all blank) sometimes I can't even see my character playing, I dont even know what weapons I got.
    So what do I do?

I heard there's like a method called imaging and I really don't know what that is...

and another question: My computer has only one 8x AGP slot, and 2 PCI slots. Can I use that certain slot for another graphics card?

(I'm a newbie at this graphics card stuff, please, no flaming...)

That's almost a decade old card. I have one that just a few years youngers. Still running

Look through newegg.com and look at GPU's that will work on AGP or PCI slots.

Most cards nowadays use PCI-Express slots and PCI-E x16 slots. Don't go with those, just look for regular PCI. Tigerdirect.com is another place to look. If it fits, it should work. If I remember later on, I'll try to find one for you.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Newegg.com - XFX PVT44AWANG GeForce 6200 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 AGP 8X Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

that above card should work - make sure slots match up. XFX makes great cards - I an XFX in my pc right now. And they give a lifetime warranty and they actually live up to it. My Card burned out about 16 months after getting it and they replaced for me fairly quickly.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

thanks linux, you're a saint, I will soon order this because it fits the requirements of my PC.

You're welcome, let me know how it goes Newegg is also good with refunds just in case it doesn't work.

Newegg provides great products but in the past 3 years of shopping there I returned at least 5-6 different products due to defects. Either got a free replacement or a full refund so that's a plus this is just a warning for you if you've never shopped there

Good luck.

yeah I ordered the exact same one that you showed me, but then whenever I visit the website it doesn't connect. I cleared my cache and reset my connection, still it wont work. I guess I'll be tracking this item through the Library computers. haha.
    And yes, this is my first time shopping online....on this certain website. I almost forgot about that one time I bought new shoes online. (this makes my 2nd time.) haha.

Weird...is it only with newegg? or do you have issues with other sites? this could explain your combat arms issue as well, your network provider may be having issues, or something in your computer may be off.

Nevermind now its working, I think it was my internet provider or maybe the website was having problems.
    Anyway, today I just installed my video card, and I'm going to try out Combat Arms, If it doesn't work, its most definitely the GAME. not the card or settings with my computer, before installing the card, I reformatted my computer and reinstalling all my programs. so, here goes nothing. haha.

At least the GPU works you got a pretty big upgrade on that end.

Good luck running CA.

Yeah it was the same slot and stuff so hopefully this one will last long.... I mean the other one I used to have was completely stock and sometimes it would mess up on me, which requires a driver download the latest one I could find was a driver from 05.
    so now CA is now downloading patches and ... we'll see in a few. I'll let you know

Thread Information