Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep Explained

Default Rep Explained

I will explain what rep is, for those that don't know what it is.

Rep is basically the same thing as what Thanks was on the old forum.

You give rep by pushing this button or In the Dark GF themes.

You do not have to give a reason for the rep, that is just an optional field.

So there you have it, rep explained. So if you find someones response helpful, or someone helps you etc., you can leave them +rep. If you think someone has done something wrong, you can also give them -rep, just like you could do with Thanks on the old forum.

Hope this helped

- Slacker
    Last edited by LiNuX; 08-26-2008 at 04:59 PM.

hi! Eric's answering machine is currently broken. this is his refrigerator. please speak very slowly and ill attempt to stick your message to myself with a magnet

I would like to add some things as well

is what describes your reputation. The more you have, just means the more you are known throughout the forum. When it goes red, you are in trouble.

If you want to check your last rep received, you can click on usercp and on the bottom, you should be able to see the last 5 given to you. You will know if I have given you rep because I always end with ~LiNuX.

Second thing I want to add is, you cannot give the same person reputation (positive or negative) twice in a row. You must spread your reputation gift to at least 5 other members before you can give to the same user. This will avoid cheating and giving too much neg rep to people that dont like others.

Your Default rep is 10 - means one little blob. When you give rep to others, it is usually between 1-10. The more the person has received rep for that one post, the next rep received will be worth a little more. When an admin gives or takes away rep, it affects 35 points.

Every 100 days that you are registered on this forum, you will gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. For every 200 posts you have, you will gain another rep altering power. And for every 500 rep points you recieve, you will gain an extra rep altering power.

You must have a minimum of 5 Posts to alter other's reps and at least 5 rep points to alter. Note that this is half of what you start with.

You can practice by giving me and slacker some rep for these great tips .

Enjoy the forum!

Also, here is a image that shows the recent rep you have recieved. Simply go to usercp, and it will show up on the mainpage of the usercp

hi! Eric's answering machine is currently broken. this is his refrigerator. please speak very slowly and ill attempt to stick your message to myself with a magnet

ok some changes have been made to how you can alter other's powers - post above have been edited but i'll state here the changes

intead of getting 1 extra rep altering power every 30 days you are on this forum, you will get one every 100 days. I know its a long time but people have been here longer . Administrators can alter your rep by 35 now.

Also instead of every 50 rep points you get, you get 1 rep altering powers, you'll have to wait for 200 rep points for 1 rep altering powers.

And last change - instead of every 100 posts for one rep altering powers, its 200 posts.

wow pretty cool, i guess the THANKS system is out lol, i left i agree reps to both of you
    i sign here

hm..thats pretty cool i wonder if i can do something to get some reputation lol

Good to knew about it.

Otaku For Life - YouTube - MyAnimeList

Click on my signature to go to ProBlackbird's Blog

How many points do you need to move up a bar?

I don't know but I got 24 reputation points. :P

Otaku For Life - YouTube - MyAnimeList

Click on my signature to go to ProBlackbird's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by conman1000 View Post
    How many points do you need to move up a bar?
    you need 100 to get an extra bar, it goes up at every 100th rep points - its something i can't change

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    I don't know but I got 24 reputation points. :P
    just open up more useful threads and help others, you will see your rep grow really fast
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Thread Information