Thread: Priveledges.

Question Priveledges.

I asked LiNuX a question on his profile and he recomended me to this forum, sorry for any inconvenience LiNuX, I just didn't realise as I'm new.

My enquiry is how do you recieve priveledges on this site?- when I try to edit my profile it tells me I may not have the right priveledges or something of the sort.

Do you have to pay a fee?

Or maybe it depends on the length of your membership?

Or the amount of posts you have sent?

Also I don't understand how you upgrade from being a "rookie gamer" to a higher level..??

please help if you can, if anybody can offer any help I'd be really greatfull.

... First of all, in order to advance yourself anywhere -- you need to learn how to spell.

Especially the word which you seem to bank this entire post on: privileges.

Secondly, there are rules that everyone is linked to upon joining the forum and submitting their "OMG HAI GUYZ" introduction. On that page, read those rules and they will explain.

Thirdly, you cannot be a mod because the vote for moderator rarely comes up because Linux doesn't move from his PC all day. Lolol. So there is no need for more moderators.

Four, advancement? What in the world do you really want or what are you looking for -- exactly?
    You post. You lol. You debate. You remain the same. Changing titles is a matter of Time In Service (ToS) and requesting for them.

Good luck, kiddo.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Exodyus View Post
    ... First of all, in order to advance yourself anywhere -- you need to learn how to spell.

Especially the word which you seem to bank this entire post on: privileges.

Secondly, there are rules that everyone is linked to upon joining the forum and submitting their "OMG HAI GUYZ" introduction. On that page, read those rules and they will explain.

Thirdly, you cannot be a mod because the vote for moderator rarely comes up because Linux doesn't move from his PC all day. Lolol. So there is no need for more moderators.

Four, advancement? What in the world do you really want or what are you looking for -- exactly?
    You post. You lol. You debate. You remain the same. Changing titles is a matter of Time In Service (ToS) and requesting for them.

Good luck, kiddo.
    First of all- I wrote that to get help not badmouthed. And your spelling not that good either mate, "four advancement?" shouldn't it be "for
    advancement?

Second of all thanks for the help, really apreciated.

Thirdly I didn't ask to be a mod.

Also, I was looking to advance in terms of being able to edit my profile page and being able to play the arcade games and such...

And lastly sorry if i caused offence, no hard feelings, eh?

thanks for the help

Thumbs Down

Rofl. Look at my title, son. Offense isn't the name of my game, but common sense sure helps you understand me.

And "Four, Advancement?" means:

Number 4 -- not for. Four comes AFTER three, which comes AFTER two, which is preceded BY one -- which just happened to be the chronological order of the individual topics I addressed. Four is a number. If I wanted to post for, I would have done so -- however, I did not.

See that comma? You didn't address that at all, which is why you botched the entire fragmented sentence. The comma separates Four and Advancement, which then breaks them into a thought process.

"Four [number in the sequence of addressed topics], Advancement?" [me -- questioning what in the world you're trying to advance on this forum]
    Advancement, as seen above ending with a question mark, states the wonder of where you're trying to go with this 'advancement' and what exactly you're going for?

Do you want Moderator status?
    Do you want Administrator status?
    Do you want Super Moderator status?
    Do you want to be banned?

Advancement on a forum isn't going to happen because you would like it to or think you deserve it, especially in a setting like this. Time in Service to be a mod or admin is usually, but not always six months or more of being on the forums -- active daily.

Lol...

The profile should have been unlocked after 24 hours or something like that, as well as the arcade. However, the rules will assist you in understanding.

And appreciate has two P's in it.
    Last edited by Exodyus; 01-01-2010 at 11:37 AM.

Ok, fair enough...

Sorry I didn't see your all important commar, and yes I really needed you to explain to me how to count to four, I could only count to three before, you've made my maths teachers day!

Also as I'm new, I was wondering how you advance in anyway, I wasn't really thinking of one area of advancement in peticular, I didn't realise there was more than one way to advance.

By the way I haven't done anything to get banned.

Lastly on my last message I did try to keep the peace, and tried to make sure I hadn't caused any offence, I was not trying to cause an argument, I was just trying to get help as I'm new.

Thanks for the help but I don't need your spelling advice, just the gaming kind...

look mate sorry for the whole argument thing, friends?
    Last edited by LiNuX; 01-01-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Don't double post, it's against the rules

You should look at the following links:

FAQs: Gamers Forum - FAQ

Answers more questions than you'd think.

Forum Talk Stickies: Forum Talk - Gamers Forum

The stickies tell a lot about our rules and guidelines as they change, more than one thread up there that deals with rules and privileges.

Most privileges come to you once you've been a member for 24 hours and have at least 10 legit posts. It keeps our spam levels down. Once you pass that mark, you can do most things.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    Don't double post, it's against the rules

You should look at the following links:

FAQs: Gamers Forum - FAQ

Answers more questions than you'd think.

Forum Talk Stickies: Forum Talk - Gamers Forum

The stickies tell a lot about our rules and guidelines as they change, more than one thread up there that deals with rules and privileges.

Most privileges come to you once you've been a member for 24 hours and have at least 10 legit posts. It keeps our spam levels down. Once you pass that mark, you can do most things.
    Ok mate, thanks for the tips, and I wont double post anymore.

You can double post within a reasonable period of time, but if you want to update your thread within 15-20 minutes, you should just edit the post. Generally we dont' mind if you double post after 24 hours is up but there are exceptions if your post is informative.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Lol. I was waiting for that, Linux.

I think you're losing speed with age, bub. Lol.

Thread Information