Default Gran Turismo 5 delayed

Last September, Sony Computer Entertainment announced that Gran Turismo 5 would finally go on sale in March…in Japan. Though the long-awaited game was dated only for Japan, subsequent comments from its developer, Polyphony Digital, indicated that it would also arrive in Europe and North America soon after. At a 2009 Tokyo Game Show press conference, Polyphony head Kazunori Yamauchi said the main thing holding back its Western release was Sony's marketing strategy.

Like most expensive cars in the shop, Gran Turismo 5 will be road-ready later than expected.
    Unfortunately, Yamauchi's optimism was premature. Today in a short statement on its Web site, SCE announced that Gran Turismo 5 has been postponed. "We apologize for any inconvenience," the company said, without giving a reason for the delay. Fan sites, such as Gran-Turismo.com, pegged the delay as three months, indicating a Western release might not come until late 2010.

Today's news is the latest detour on Gran Turismo 5's road to release. First teased at the PlayStation 3's unveiling at the 2005 Electronic Entertainment Expo, the ultrarealistic racer will feature nearly 1,000 vehicles on over 70 tracks in 20-plus locations. Budgeted at a whopping $60 million, it is also an official licensee of several prominent racing organizations, such as NASCAR and the World Rally Championship. An early sample of the PlayStation 3 exclusive, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, was released in April 2008, garnering decent reviews.
    f'ing rediculous. Just get the game done already and give it to me :/

thats...terrible. Watch..eventually it'll roll over to 2011 for us.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    thats...terrible. Watch..eventually it'll roll over to 2011 for us.
    Hey, I've heard August of 2010. But.. with the Turismo line, who knows.

good. the demo was horrible. they need to fix it.

My friend is really stoked for this game to come out... but I guess not. Thanks for Sharing

It's so stupid. Turn 10 has gotten out 2 Forza's this gen and Polyphony Digital is still farting around with Prologue's and little update to Prologues and selling them at high prices to Japan. This game better be epic. I was about to say Turn 10 might get out a 3rd Forza this gen before Polyphony gets one but Forza 3 kinda bombed and I'm sure there going to either wait till the 360 is almost dead to release another or wait till nex gen to release another. I'd personally probably wait.

Wtf, i juz cant take it anymore!!

If were lucky it will be a launch game for the PS4...

Thread Information