View Poll Results: Should I buy Killing Floor for $20 on steam?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 50.00%
  • No

6 50.00%

Default Killing Floor - still worth getting?

I wanted to ask you all for some advice - I was wondering if this game, Killing Floor, is still good enough for it's online play that I should buy it off of steam (for $20.)

I've been looking for a good game to play, especially one I can play with my IRL friends (or you guys! ) I came to considering this title because LiNuX posted in this thread that he would still play it online with people, if they wanted to.

Anyone with experience with this game think it's worth the $20 on steam?
    Would you play with me if I got it?

Thanks!
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

I still play it from time to time but when I bought it, the game was $15. Don't know when the price rose.

Tons of people play it - it has a lot more weapons than L4D2, default 6 players on one team, and you can select from a list of servers to join. L4D/2 has the lobby system.

And the game is much cheaper - you can also read the review shixx wrote here which helped with my decision: Review Killing Floor ~ Lovely big guns! - Gamers Forum

It has its perks, and unique qualities. I don't play it as much as L4D2 nowadays but I still catch a game here and there.

I'd play with you if you got the game, but my regular schedule opens up again on Wednesday, so my gaming times will shorten up greatly, until spring break.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

personally it didn't turn me on much, so i'd rly only consider getting it if it dropped below half-price tbh

Quote Originally Posted by jango View Post
    personally it didn't turn me on much, so i'd rly only consider getting it if it dropped below half-price tbh
    It's always been $20. It started at $20 at least. I think I got it during one of the sale events at steam, took 25% off. I don't remember when I bought it though.

Price for it doesn't seem to have dropped. For L4D2 it dropped $10 since coming out.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

Thanks so much for digging up that review LiNuX - Shixx writes them so well!

I'm thinking that I'm going to make the decision sometime in February after working for a while... depending on how much money I have to play with, I'll make the decision between L4D2, which seems to be the better (but more expensive) game, and Killing Floor, which seems to be the poor man's L4D.

Sound like a good way to think about it?

Thanks so much for the help, guys, I really appreciate the resource this forum is!
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

I say yes. If you have friends to play it with then yeah. It's fun ! And the 20 bucks is worth it ! If you play with your friends you can have like a lil squad. Most of the people tend to go solo but teaming up is the smartest choice. This game is heavy on the survival co-op. So if you and your friends plan to play it then why not !??

Another thing ... compared to L4D2 if you really can't get a jackass/es in KF. In L4D2 you can shoot you, suicide and stuff like that. KF no jackasses ... just make sure you run for the ammo crate faster than the other guy does !! Haha
    Last edited by Blackleo; 01-18-2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Adding comparison
    Fear The FearLess

The only thing L4D and KF have in common is that you get to shoot and Melee zombies to death. In KF however, you can't become an infected. There are perks here that basically act like a pokemon type...don't have a better way of putting it. You know, like water type with the water attacks and fire type with the fire. This has sharpshooter and firebug etc. Sharpshooters do a lot more damage when you hit the head, you can one shot one of the high level infecteds with a Bow. Firebug gets a huge discount on the flame thrower (L4D2 needs a flame thrower)

Both games have their own set of advantage over the other. SO I wouldn't call KF the poor man's L4D. Although the price suggests it.

i dont think so, it's not worthy though since the price kinda way to much but the decision is your...

Quote Originally Posted by Elan View Post
    i dont think so, it's not worthy though since the price kinda way to much but the decision is your...
    How is the price way too much? It's cheaper than most games out there now and it still has a lot of momentum.

Thread Information