Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Games that have surpassed your expectations

What are some games that you picked up and were totally blown away by either the graphics, game play, story, or even games that were so disappointing that you were stunned into hoping the game would get better without any such luck.

Some games that have blown me away in different ways are...

-Morrowind
    This game was totally unlike anything I ever played before, it was so open with so many different things to do. I could become an assassin or a member of the imperial guard. I could become an adventurer or a powerful wizard. This game was so open and so big, with so many different directions that you could run to. And not only that, but the sense of accomplishment from bringing your character from some lowly prisoner to the bloody Neverine was incredibly because it wasn't some straight story, through all of the different things you did in the game you made your character, and as corny as it seems you even came to bond with your character a little bit. This game totally open up my narrow world of what a game could be.

-Left4Dead
    This is a game that was so well balanced between the infected and the survivors that it really came down to teamwork. You cannot run off by your self and take on all of the infected, it never works. Likewise a lone hunter cannot bring down the pack, neither a boomer or a smoker, however when all three worked together at the same time, with deadly precision you had them the survivors beat. I have never played a game that actually had a working and thriving teamwork system. Without a team, your truly as good as dead, no matter how good you are...

-Crysis
    The detail in this game blew me away, and you know what, the nanosuit is just plain fun to run around in. This game blew me away for those reasons, the attention to detail as well as the immense amount of fun I had manipulating the suit and the environment to my advantage overcome the dirty KPA.

Honorable mentions...
    Bioshock: This game didn't have anything new in it, it was just amazingly fun and well done.

Halo combat evolved: Same as bioshock, this game really perfected many elements of what makes a fps so much fun

Half life 2: Amazing physics engine for it's day, not to mention the gravity gun.

Motorstorm: An incredibly fast paced early ps3 racing game...

I really can't think of a game that was so bad that it blew me away...sorry...

L4D - At first I didn't think I'd like it but the fact that you can play as an infected changed everything.

Killing Floor - Didn't think I'd like it after playing L4D but I did and I still play it from time to time.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

for me one the most complete packages is either wow, dragon age, or baldur's gate 2 .. to cover all the bases of style, gameplay etc etc

i'm a bit of a style whore, and i like things to be distinct rather than samey .. so i guess i appreciate something with an awesome style regardless of it being similar in gameplay style to others

Forza 3: When I first got it, I wasn't sure if I would like it that much specially when I began playing it with the crappy cars I was like "okey wtf is this?" haha but as I played more and more I started loving it more and more and now it might be my favorite game.
    Losing Is Not An Option.

Check out my Tumblr CarsndMore

Bully (for Playstation 2)
    I know this game is Old but it was great the game had a humanistic feel to it as well as a great story plot and side plots great replay value and a long game alot to do and alot of fun

Batman Arkham Asylum
    I honestly thought that it was going to be an ok game but it really was a great game its probably one of my favorite games right now

made by Th3-Devils-Princess
    Joe Mauer is the best catcher

Quote Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    I honestly thought that it was going to be an ok game but it really was a great game its probably one of my favorite games right now
    to me it was just a better version of every other batman game good graphics more game play but still you fighting a bunch of overly buff guys dressed funny with odd gadgets and in a costume but yeah it was good

crysis, in graphics and game play

Quote Originally Posted by microp View Post
    crysis, in graphics and game play
    The gameplay was the winning feature for me, not only were the graphics amazing, the gameplay was incredibly fun with a lot of various approaches you can take to eliminating your foes. Or if your like me, you can go psycho jeep whenever possible...

Lost Odyssey. I. Loved. Everything.

So great in every aspect for me.

Thread Information