Default Gaming connection problems

I used to play Diablo2 online all the time. But with the laptop I am using now I seem to be having trouble joining many games, and I cant join any open battle.net sessions.

This creates the problem of having to many items I want to trade to other characters. =P

I have tried to make sure the required ports are open, I have tried turning off my firewall, and connecting directly and not using a router. Nothing seems to be working. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot blizzards lame setup?

I searched online for help, and tried every solution I came across but nothing seems to work.

I dont know if this means anything, but I can ping other websites and myself but not blizzard.com

Im beginning to suspect that its not my own fault, but that there may be many people on open battle.net that dont open port 4000. I can join the rare game or two.
    Last edited by BobTD; 03-06-2010 at 06:42 PM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

do you get any errors? or just can't connect?

if you can use another computer on the same network, if it works there then you can assume something is up with your laptop, otherwise your network is blocking the connection somewhere, whether it's your modem or the ISP itself.

another thing you can do besides not using a router is to shut off your modem for a few minutes and reconnecting.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Yeah, I did rest my modem. I dont really have another computer with games on it but I can ping that one as well.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

You can ping or can't ping? I know blizzard turned off their website's ping to avoid attacks.

And it looks like you edited your first post after I posted so I missed the pinging stuff. But yeah, the blizzard site and their game servers are most likely on different IPs so there shouldn't be a connection there.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

ohk, that answers most of my questions. I do have a another computer I can ping, but I don't add games to it so I don't want to test a lan connection through the router that way. Would probably prefer to use Hamachi or something and see if that works.

what I really need to do is get my computer and my friends in the same room so I can test everything on both ends.

Thread Information