Default And I wondered why people hate Dell...

I've had a dell XPS m1350 for about 2 years now. I have a 3 year warranty (and i have proof), but the dipsh*ts sent an e-mail to my dad saying that my warranty is over - that's also how it appears when I check the warranty status online... so, i don't know if i can call technical support, explain to them they've got it wrong and they change it so as i'm not charged for phoning them.
    That's not the big problem, the big, giant monster of a problem is the charger. It only half works. It had the occasional burst of high pitch squealing noises before, but now... it either refuses to work or ****s up my computer. By that, I mean it will give power to the latptop, but it won't charge it. If the lead falls away, the laptop powers off instantly - losing all of my data. Considering as how i'm about to do an ongoing science experiment where i need to type on results on excel and there's gonna be lots of test subjects (people) around ... im well and truly screwed.
    To top it all off, the connection between the screen and keyboard is flimsy and my screen freaks out, either changing white to blue Or sending hundreds of lines accross the screen. Fun.

Please, if anyone knows how to fix one of those problems, let me know. I can't send my laptop away for repairs for at least 3 weeks, though i'll still need it after that...
    ARG DELL FAILS BIG TIME
    *cry*

Cheers Jango. XD

sadly this is one of the reasons i steer clear of dells .. among other reasons

sry to hear ur hassles rai

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

awwwww raiiiiii I am sorry

I wish I knew anything but I would just say get a new one >< I WOULD FIX IT FOR YOU THROUGH THE MAGICAL INTERNET RAINBOW IF I COULD BUT I CANNOT

The connection between the keyboard and screen and those screen freak outs could be the result of the connection being too loose to the internal GPU. If you can open it up, try to tighten the connection.

As for the battery not charging, I don't think it's a charger issue, seems to be more of a battery/laptop issue where it's either not detecting the battery or the battery itself is just failing to connect. You could try to get another laptop charger and see if it fixes or even a new battery - it would be faster than sending it away.

I'm no expert on laptops. I work mostly with desktops and even though I've taken apart and fixed plenty of laptops, the cause of problems generally depends. My current laptop has the battery issue where it doesn't charge properly. I know for a fact that it's a battery problem and that it's failing. So I'm just throwing that experience towards your problem.

And the GPU connection is from my sony vaio. It used to mess up right after I took it apart and put it back together. I realized later the connection the graphics card was too loose.

Hope this helps a little. I know I can't physically help but I hope this gives you an idea to what the problems could be.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

i hate dell lol. i love nec versa and even now i am using NEC VERSA E6500 and I also love macbook!

POOR RAI GOODLUCK!

laptops are a pain.
    You think "OH MAN HOW GREAT" and it is great..
    until they get problems.

HAH
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

Thanks everyone for your sympathy. It helps me deal with the pain.
    I phoned dell, they fixed two and a hlaf of my problems... then things got worse...

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    The connection between the keyboard and screen and those screen freak outs could be the result of the connection being too loose to the internal GPU. If you can open it up, try to tighten the connection.
    It looked like they managed to get this sorted - some random download thing. A bios... or something of the sort. I can't actually tell if it's been fixed pr not though... but i'll find out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    As for the battery not charging, I don't think it's a charger issue, seems to be more of a battery/laptop issue where it's either not detecting the battery or the battery itself is just failing to connect. You could try to get another laptop charger and see if it fixes or even a new battery - it would be faster than sending it away.
    I know for a fact that it's a battery problem and that it's failing. So I'm just throwing that experience towards your problem.
    I didn't bother removing the battery as the status had said "your battery is functioning normally".. so i had left it. Turned out it was to do with the battery - the laptop had decided to run on a reserve supply or something of that sort...
    So the charging problem was fixed and the laptop was running, then I moved through to another room with the laptop and charger to test something.... and the charger started doing the weird sqeally thing again. And that was that. It refuses to work. So now I have a functioning laptop with 30% battery. and no way to charge it.
    I've had to migrate to the upstairs computer to do my work... which is just awesome. Getting distracted by the tv when i still have another 30 pages to write and results to make-up.... gah.

Anywho, they're delivering a new charger and two other random things on monday. (i think one's for cooling the laptop and I dunno what the other one is for).

But the warrenty thingy is fine.
    Well 1and a half out of 3 is on the pass line....
    Last edited by RaiDae; 03-27-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Cheers Jango. XD

I don't like it neither!!!

Thread Information