Default Cleril Reviews: Peggle

Peggle is a casual game made by PopCap games. It has only one mode of play but it has some variety to the gameplay at the very least. There are quite a few problems with it though but still, it's fun, for a time. After that you'll realize a few things about Peggle, besides that it's somewhat fun.

There's a story but it's only their to start up the gameplay. You are a Peggle student seeking assistance from the various Peggle master to learn all there is about Peggle. That's the story. At least every master has a bit of personality and humor to them but don't expect any real plot line in Peggle.

It's all about the gameplay and you might think that there is none because most of it relies on luck and physics. You aim where a ball with shoot and the objective is to hit all of the orange pegs in the level to achieve "Extreme Fever" and then you win. It's like Bust A move on the N64 except reverse and with a different gameplay concept. The problem the idea is that you can't always know where the ball is going to go so you always shoot to an extent based on a little bit of logical deduction and a lot of luck.

While this isn't a problem it kind of contradicts the gameplay as there's no real strategy other than aiming for an orange peg and hoping the ball hits. There is a little gimmick though and that's based on which master you pick. There are 10 masters and each have their own special ability, which activates if you hit a green peg. Some masters make the ball into a fireball while others perfect the shot you were going to take. Each one is unique but not every level is designed with a particular master in mind so you'll probably only use a few you like anyway. Coupled with the fact that there are only ever 2 green pegs in any level the chances to use their powers becomes mute later on and you may even hit a green peg when you didn't mean to.

The games humor is mentionable as it's charming and funny, for the most part. Sometimes the humor is just awkward and other times a bit disturbing. After all the objective of the game is to get "Extreme Fever" which doesn't healthy or fun. Peggle is funny when you first get Extreme Fever and...this music plays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpdIX...layer_embedded

Okay, so do I get it?

Well it's a good game and fun for a time but to be honest I had fun playing the demo and then when I bought the full game I started to get bored with it. Play the free demo and if you are into it then get the full game, it's 10 bucks on the PSN. There is also the Peggle Nights expansion for an extra 5 bucks (I think) but I didn't get it since it only adds new levels and one more master.

Cleril finds it ironic that he got sick of getting Extreme Fever by playing Peggle.
    Like RPGs? Great. Like Non-Combat RPGs? Awesome! Like Non-Combat freeware RPGs? Read this topic: Help Me Freeware User Made Indie Game Non-Combat RPG: Haven Version 0.4.1 - Gamers Forum

man, i had the in-game version of this for world of warcraft for those boring gryph flights .. it's mad addictive despite not having much to it

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Man, this game is THE BEST. It is SOOO addicting. I have it and Peggle Nights and I am addicted and adore them. I am glad you reviewed it because it is totally <3 : D

I have peggle extreme...but I never played it.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    I have peggle extreme...but I never played it.
    wot the ..

'extreme'?

does that mean u have to play it while riding a mountain bike or bunjee jumping?

Quote Originally Posted by jango View Post
    wot the ..

'extreme'?

does that mean u have to play it while riding a mountain bike or bunjee jumping?
    Now that would be "Extreme Fever."

I suggest sending that idea to Popcap.
    Like RPGs? Great. Like Non-Combat RPGs? Awesome! Like Non-Combat freeware RPGs? Read this topic: Help Me Freeware User Made Indie Game Non-Combat RPG: Haven Version 0.4.1 - Gamers Forum

Quote Originally Posted by jango View Post
    wot the ..

'extreme'?

I think so, I guess that's why I never played it. I haven't ridden a bike in ages and I haven't bungee jumped since the last time I died.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

that is very good

Thread Information