Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    there should be some other things you can use it for. on an older form i was on you could buy being a mod for a day. not i know that'd be completely impractical here, but is there anything else you could think of to use gfp for? something worth saving up for?
    The mod for a day is out the window but in the beginning we used to allow users to buy steam games using GFP but not enough funding for that right now. The server bills back then were far less than what they are now so it was possible and I gave out quite a few games. We had good sponsors as well but thanks to the economy, all our sponsor sites shut down long ago.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    The mod for a day is out the window but in the beginning we used to allow users to buy steam games using GFP but not enough funding for that right now. The server bills back then were far less than what they are now so it was possible and I gave out quite a few games. We had good sponsors as well but thanks to the economy, all our sponsor sites shut down long ago.
    We should try and hook up with some other independent gaming forums. Since we already have a independent reviews section I know a lot of gamers like the unbiased take we have on gaming but it's hard to find a laid back community such as ours. You go into some of these independent gaming forums and it's like the 9th circle of hell for nerds...

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    well of course the mod for a day thing is a completely horrible idea for this forum. idk, i can't really think of anything you could give out for GFP that doesn't involve real money.

back in the day me and a group of people used to run our own string of RPG sites, and we were all basically in charge of it, even though some where admins, others were mods, and others were just members all we had to do was talk to the main admin (usually vince or ice) and they'd do whatever (and by we i mean me and the 6 or so other guys that comprised the main group)

anyways, our post count reflected our cash and we used that cash to buy upgrades for our characters or buy other forum-related things. it worked really well and most people set up shops. usually only posts in the RP section counted towards post count, and it was hard to get away with posting something spam-like there.

seeing as this isn't an rpg site though, obviously, that wouldn't work, but i thought i'd share it.

if I were to sit down and design a crazy game that we could all arrange for times to sit down and play together in real time via the forum boards and the IRC in which we put down money and then competed in the game together and the winner(s) took the pot, who would be down for that?

Also, how about that run on sentence? I just want to put out a feeler to see if people would be interested in something like this before I go into developing a game and all. This convoluted idea is what I came up with when I sat here and thought "what more could we do with GFP..."
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

That sounds awesome! I would totally be down for something like that

Thread Information