Question Feedback on gaming notebook

Hi, how r u doing?
    Im currently debating over buying 1 between 2 gaming notebooks i was ofered...
    I would appreciate some feedbacks from gamers here

Alienware m17
    core2Duo T9400 2.53ghz 6MB Cache 1066mhz
    4 GB RAM DDR3 (1066Mhz)
    320 GB SATA 2 (7200 RPM)
    ATI Radeon HD 3870 CrossFireX
    17' 1440 × 900

Asus g60j
    Intel core i7 720QM 1.6ghz
    6gb ddr3 1066
    16hd monitor with 1366x768 (i think its kinda low but not sure if its really that bad)
    nvidia geforce gts360M 1gbVram ddr5

Thanks

I don't know much about computers but I do know Alienware stands for extreme gaming awesomeness.

I wouldn't recommend laptops for gaming tbh. They heat up quickly and some games can be very resource intensive, no matter how great the computer hardware may be and it'll decrease the laptop lifespan dramatically. (Personal exp in that field)

The second set there looks a lot better hardware wise. The Intel i7 cores are very good, I have some experience with it and it's better than any other intel chip that I've tried (not too many over the past few years). And I believe it's a quad core as well unless they are using a dual core version.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    I wouldn't recommend laptops for gaming tbh. They heat up quickly and some games can be very resource intensive, no matter how great the computer hardware may be and it'll decrease the laptop lifespan dramatically. (Personal exp in that field)
    pppppfffffff me and my FailBook Pro get along just fine, don't we baby? huh? what's that? You're idling at 70˚C because I'm web browsing? Not this again, baby, come on now, not this again...

(it's funny because I'm not kidding, my computer is actually at 70˚ right now. -.-")

But, seriously - while I expected my overheating computer to cook itself to death (as is notorious for MacBook Pros, esp this particular generation on my lap right now) it's actually lasted 3.5 years without any trouble so far. I dual boot with Windows and use this machine as my primary gaming machine. Granted, it launches right up to 75~80˚ when I start a game and stays there, it does run... I've only had it emergency shut off a couple times and, as I said before, all the hardware is still (miraculously) functioning.

The second set there looks a lot better hardware wise.
    Agreed. It's a shame it doesn't go up to 1440x700, but (if you can afford it) it looks like the better computer.

I bet however bad it is it doesn't heat up as much as this tempermental little dude on my lap right here XD
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

You probably have better luck gaming on laptops than I do diligence. My old toshiba used to start up at around 60˚ but when I played any graphic intensive game, it would shoot up to 90˚ - 95˚ and it eventually just died. I did have it for 2+ years though. So it's not like it burned out overnight.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

...but when I played any graphic intensive game, it would shoot up to 90˚ - 95˚...
    O____o

I didn't know it was possible for a computer to run at that kind of temp without it... you know... ... melting?
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Quote Originally Posted by Diligence109 View Post
    O____o

I didn't know it was possible for a computer to run at that kind of temp without it... you know... ... melting?
    it can go hotter.

My old GPU in my current desktop used to run at 140˚ Celsius (yes celsius) - I used to lag like crazy in game and that's why I had to replace the card, but it's still in tact, no sign of melting. The components used are pretty durable that way.

My current card does like 55˚ while in a graphics intense game. No more lag.

well choose which between both are more expensive,
    more expensive more better, hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Elan View Post
    well choose which between both are more expensive,
    more expensive more better, hehehe
    that's not entirely true .. i've found some awesome stuff for a quite reasonable cost .. tbh it's more important to be realistic about what you need rather than just revert to buying high-end/expensive under the illusion it's better

Quote Originally Posted by jango View Post
    that's not entirely true .. i've found some awesome stuff for a quite reasonable cost .. tbh it's more important to be realistic about what you need rather than just revert to buying high-end/expensive under the illusion it's better
    Agreed. And to add - If you don't know what you're buying, you could pay 2x for something that's worth 1x. You can't just spend money to spend money.

When I built my current pc, it cost me about 40-50% less than what I would have had to pay if it was premade. Expensive isn't always better.

Thread Information