Default Batman: Arkham Asylum Xbox 360

The best Batman game to date with a sequel that is coming out later on this year or early next!

Background Story: Well the game starts off with Batman, You, taking the Joker to Arkham for doing something stupid, once again. Upon arrival you take the joker through out Arkham to get him to his cell. Once he is released from the custody of Batman He breaks free and starts his rain of chaos, with the Help of Harley whose already in the Asylum with a master key. Joker is running a mock in Arkham and you have to run around trying to stop him while trying to figure out why he did all this. With the help of the Oracle, Batgirl, you uncover that a Doctor in Arkham was working on a formula known as Titan formula. Which creates stronger and more difficult enemies to beat.
    While running around you have to face known batman villains Joker, of course, Ivy, Baine, Harley, Scarecrow shows up but he just injects you with his fear toxic and makes you run around a small map and turn on the bat signal,and Killer Croc. Other villains such as Clay face and some others are seen in the game but you cant fight them they are mainly for show and riddles to solve.

Game-Play: Game play is just pure awesome. There are different ways to engage an enemy that it makes taunting them so much fun because they react either getting scared, mad, or firing into the air trying to hit you. You can do so many things to the bad guys its unreal and so much fun. The control scheme is simple and when your going to take out an enemy assassin style it will give you the prompt of what buttons to hit to execute it. Even after the main storyline is over there is still so much to do you got the riddler's riddles to solve areas you couldnt explore because you didnt have the right equipment. One sweet thing about this game is the batarong, when you throw it you can slow down time and direct it where to go and hit someone or something. Its very cool.

Upgrades: Upgrades are crazy you can upgrade everything you have, your punches, batarongs, explosives, everything! It takes experience points I do believe, which you get from kicking butt and everything. Some upgrades are awesome like being able to throw more batarongs at one time, up to 3, able to place more explosives before setting them off, up to 3 or 5. It goes on and on and ON! there is no end to the amount of upgrading, well there is but there is so much!!

Online Play: Online play is just leaderboards in different areas challenges that are set up. Online play isnt nothing special so I didnt really worry about it.

Graphics: Graphics, are just perfect, there are some small problems like when you take damage your armor isnt torn up but after the boss fight with baine its a little messed up. There is not much to say beyond the graphics are just so perfect its just awesome.

Final Thoughts: This game is just the best Batman game in the series and we havent really seen one since SuperNES. This does credit to the series and I enjoyed every second of game play. Its a new spin on the batman series, which has been said to follow the graphic novel by the same title. If your a batman fan or just enjoy the films you will find great enjoyment in this game and will be begging for more after you do everything possible in the game.

I give it a 5/5 - Buy

I enjoyed this game although I'm not entirely sure where it is now lol. I agree with your review.

.. oh .. and good job again bud, nice review

I love this game!!
    I loved the riddles that you could try and figure out.
    some were easy but some were hard
    and its kinda challenging when trying to take out the joker people when your sitting on gargoyles and they have those necklaces
    all in all this was one of my favorite games I have played
    this is a must buy!

made by Th3-Devils-Princess
    Joe Mauer is the best catcher

I didnt really like how the storyline took a turn with the titan formula and joker but oh well it is still one of the best games to buy

yeah the titan thing was eh to me
    but I just like the gameplay
    if the gameplay was bad I probably would have stopped playing

made by Th3-Devils-Princess
    Joe Mauer is the best catcher

Seems like sometime I'll have to get this game

Thread Information