Thread: Tekken 7 coming

Default Tekken 7 coming

According to a Eurogamer.pt report, Tekken series director Katsuhiro Harada has apparently announced a seventh edition in the series at an event in Madrid.

Not much else was said other than confirmation of development, and that it was in pre-production during a speech held in the city.

It comes as Tekken 6 was only released last year for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PSP. That was announced back at E3 2005, with an arcade release in 2007.

The console version was re-revealed at Tokyo Game Show 2008 during the keynote of ex-corporate VP of Xbox, John Schappert, who had confirmed the series would be coming to 360 for the first time.

We’ll get on to Namco Bandai about this.

VG247 Page not found

Will be interesting to see how this does, IIRC 6 didn't exactly light up the sales chartz

WHAAAAAAAT?! thanks for sharing this man, I"m looking forward to it. I thought 6 was officially the last one, I wonder who will take the throne this time... (maybe not Jin anymore?)

Huh I didn't know they still made Tekkens. The bowling is always fun tho

New Tekken? That would be amazing

Oh god no.. They really disappointed me with tekken 6.. tekken 1-3 was awesome, 4-5th okay but 6th really made me throw away all hope.. I really enjoyed the story up to 5th with all the rivalry etc.. what I didn't like was the tekken force modes, the mandatory freaks as bosses, mostly azazel, because the other freaks actually had some history around them.. and the tekken force modes, god I hated them in the third it was kind of cool, 4-5th it was only pain, screams and bad nightmares... in 6th they built a whole game around it, one stage per unlockable character too! wasn't the arcade good enough? and who is Lars Alexanderson, why haven't we heard anything about him before, do they really have to build a whole story mode around him? And why is everyone communicating in their own language? Jin speaks japanese and Nina answer in english and the other way around.. that's just a mystery, but not an real issue though.. just you wait, in the 7th installment we'll see a 10-foot giant stoneman which shoots laser from his eyes and can turn anyone into stone with just one touch as a final boss, there will be no pure arcade/vs mode, the battles will take place in a tekken force-like mode.. oh, and the ending cutscenes will be more random than ever! I think they are ruining tekken with each new game :/
    Last edited by Jonte1989; 05-30-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Well, if I can get a grip on the actual storyline throughout the whole series then I'll get more into it, but I've got mixed feelings about a 7th one. I only have 4, 5, and 6. And TTT, but that's like an arcade-esque Tekken. With like... 3 second endings. -_-
    Forgiveness is a six gun, teach me how to shoot. The truth is like a moving target, forgiveness is a six gun.
    There is no forgiveness.

Forgiveness Is A Six Gun - DevilDriver

I hear ya Jonte that the story gets further and further lost and more contrived with each forth coming version... although I'll admit I'm just excited for this title for the gameplay alone!
    Last edited by Diligence109; 05-30-2010 at 09:18 PM.
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

The first tekken game i played, was tekken 6. I was so utterly, utterly lost by the plot. ...i just wanted a nice 2 player arcade game... instead of which, i'm left feeling so confused and befuzzled by the whole thing. >.< And yeah... that azael thing... i hate it

...i told a lie. I have a tekken for the psp. Which I actually really like not nearly as confusing

Cheers Jango. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Diligence109 View Post
    I hear ya Jonte that the story gets further and further lost and more contrived with each forth coming version... although I'll admit I'm just excited for this title for the gameplay alone!

yeah, I mean, if I just focus on the actual gameplay and not the story etc it'll surely be enjoyable. Because Tekken is a great series as far as gameplay goes (excluding the horrible force-mode). The rooster is huge for a fighting game I think. It's to bad I know I'm going to hate it because of the story and everything around.. I wonder if they would make money doing a Tekken light, strip the game of it's story mode etc and just include the arcade, team-battle, multiplayer etc. I think they would lol

Wow, already. Can't wait.

Thread Information