Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Earth Seeker (Wii)

"You might not have heard of Japanese development studio Crafts & Meister, but you have heard of some of its talent. One of the founders of the studio is Street Fighter II designer Noritaka Funamizu. The studio has produced a number of titles since their 2004 formation, most notably arcade cell shaded fighter Super Dragon Ball Z."

"Expect to hear a lot more from the studio with their new game, a unique Wii action game titled Earth Seeker. The game was revealed in Japan today, and while specifics are lacking at present, the premise is certainly intriguing."

"Earth Seeker is set on an alien world and puts you in battle with giant monsters. These monsters are actually your own creation, it seems."

"The game's background story begins 1,000 years in the past as the Earth is about to be destroyed. Mankind puts all its great treasures -- including, it seems, full buildings -- in ships and flees the planet, only to crash land on another planet somewhere."

"Following the crash, the ships' computers attempt to recreate the Earth's environment, something they've apparently been programmed to do. The computers are buggy due to the crash, though, so they end up combining encyclopedic information in creating new life forms."

"The result is that you'll be facing off against some bizarre creature types. Examples revealed so far including a panther which has a power plug for a tail and a partially glass exterior allowing you to view its innards. There's also a creature that combines a "dragon" with light bulbs. Some creatures have motors for their movement."

"You won't be alone in your fight against these beasts. The planet's natives are known as Guardians. They didn't take too kindly to the 1,000 years of bio contamination caused by your ships. But they do take kindly to your alcoholic beverages, and as long as you keep on supplying them with drinks, they'll help you out. The Guardians used your ship's technology to evolve as well, and now they can make use of items called "Energy Balls" during combat."

"All this makes for an interesting premise to be sure, but Crafts & Meister hasn't said how it will come together in a game. Development is currently at 60%, according to Weekly Famitsu, so those details have presumably all been ironed out and are just waiting to be shared with the public."

"Japan will get Earth Seeker through Kadokawa Games this Winter. International releases have yet to be announced."

I like the art style, kinda seems as if it's water based paint

interesting im looking forward to this

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh man this looks like a game I would totally love. I hope it turns out as well as it sounds.

^ Sig by Foofle ^

I haven't brought a game for the wii in a while, maybe this will be the one? I will find out more.

eh its for the wii maybe if i get held at knife point ill buy one and this game

Quote Originally Posted by thedeparted View Post
    I have a hard time coming up with a good evolutionary explanation for this creature. Predators have eyes facing forward, prey have eyes facing outward to scan for threats... lol Im at a loss to understand why anyone would create that thing even for a game. Seems lazy and un-believable.

Im already not a fan of their art director. (also the iffle tower is not worth saving)
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Lol I agree with you Bob... seems like fantastic ideas were more a part of creature brainstorming than serious, practical, and scientific ones

The little blurb they do share doesn't show enough of the game to prove its worth anything - we don't even know anything about gameplay or your objective on this new planet, for starters. But it does seem like an interesting premise that has potential... I mean, at least they have an interesting setting for us?

They released so little information in this blurb that it's hard to see any of what the game actually is in there yet.
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    I have a hard time coming up with a good evolutionary explanation for this creature. Predators have eyes facing forward, prey have eyes facing outward to scan for threats... lol Im at a loss to understand why anyone would create that thing even for a game. Seems lazy and un-believable.

Im already not a fan of their art director. (also the iffle tower is not worth saving)
    ....are you missing the part where IT LOOKS AWESOME?

also,

"Following the crash, the ships' computers attempt to recreate the Earth's environment, something they've apparently been programmed to do. The computers are buggy due to the crash, though, so they end up combining encyclopedic information in creating new life forms."
    Sooooo. Blame it on the computarz.

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Quote Originally Posted by Diligence109 View Post
    Lol I agree with you Bob... seems like fantastic ideas were more a part of serious good drug party
    Fixed for Accuracy:P

And also boourns for them not even having a single vid up on gametrailers

Quote Originally Posted by Muffincat View Post
    Sooooo. Blame it on the computarz.
    good point... there is a fair plot coverup. I'll buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeparted View Post
    Fixed for Accuracy:P
    othx :D
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Thread Information