View Poll Results: Where should we move Gamers-Forum.com?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • GoDaddy

2 14.29%
  • NameCheap

11 78.57%
  • Moniker

0 0%
  • Keep it with Yahoo! (boo)

0 0%
  • What's the difference? (I chose this because I didn't read the Thread)

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Moving Gamers-Forum.com

I have to move the Gamers-Forum.com domain out of Yahoo! Domains because they will charge me $10 if i keep i for another year compared to other sites. Now I need help decided where to go.

GoDaddy -- I can transfer for $6.95 for a whole year but no whoisguard. Whois guard costs $6 here i think

NameCheap -- I can transfer here for $8 and I will get a free whoisguard of a value of $3.

Moniker: $10 (out of the question but its an option)

Vote on this and tell me your thoughts, I have to move it in the next few days before Yahoo charges me for it.

Thanks!
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Cool

I guess NameCheap would be the best to go with because it's the cheapest.... unless there's some kind of downside your not telling us.
    Last edited by KittyCat72; 08-03-2007 at 03:49 PM.

NameCheap seems pretty good and WhoIsGuard is useful, didn't know they charged $6 extra for whois guard..

Remember Battletoads and live in/near London?
    CHECK THIS OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by KittyCat72 View Post
    I guess NameCheap would be the best to go with because it's the cheapest.... unless there's some kind of downside your not telling us.
    lol have u read? godaddy is cheaper but it doesnt have some free features like the whoisguard

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolfxix View Post
    NameCheap seems pretty good and WhoIsGuard is useful, didn't know they charged $6 extra for whois guard..
    its only $6 in godaddy - different registrars charge different, namecheap charges just $3 for an extra one.

i voted namecheap myself lol - lets see if others can out vote that
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

$12.95 to register at GoDaddy with the Whois Guard while it's $8 to register with free whois guard from NameCheap, pretty much certain NameCheap is the better deal.

CHECK THIS OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolfxix View Post
    $12.95 to register at GoDaddy with the Whois Guard while it's $8 to register with free whois guard from NameCheap, pretty much certain NameCheap is the better deal.
    thats why im favoring namecheap lol

but im kinda low on cash for domains so i thought i'd even try to save that $1 by not getting a whoisguard and staying with godaddy - but now there is like a 75% chance i'll go with namecheap

i'll still think for a few days lol, maybe if i can get some more money from marketing online i'll do namecheap

I voted name cheap.
    The deal seem alright.

well 1&1 has it for $5.99 with a free whois guard lol, beats namecheap by $2 - oh and godaddy, whoisguard is $7 a year lol, more than the domain itself, which is retarded, it used to be $9 lol, so its $14 altogether godaddy is out

im thinking of 1&1 now, its a very big company and gives out ton of stuff with it. i'll get some more info and put it here.

Thumbs Down

My brother joined 1&1 and so far has 2 maybe 3 domains from them and they were all pretty much trouble free. They're a pretty good host, especially for those not bothered with how powerful their server is wow, I've just always wanted to use that smiley I have no idea why.I think He's paying them about $40/year right now.. or was it $60.. He forgot all about his websites He's not making any money from them, either.

CHECK THIS OUT!

lol, i always wanted to use 1&1 but never really rememberd to go there lol, always either moniker, godaddy, or namecheap - i just remembered about 1&1 today at work lol

network solutions is also a good company but they are expensive as hell, $32/yr for a .com registration or something haha, but still so many people go with them cuz of their reliability, i'd never do that tho

Thread Information