Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Need gamers to test the video game we made. Get paid $35 for playing and helping us o

Hey there,

We’re a group of social scientists [and I'm a lifelong gamer!] working on a funded research project to see what people think about video games and what people can learn from them. We created a video game and would love to have your help in testing it out! Basically we need people to play the game & fill out on-line surveys giving us their reactions and answering some questions. You must have access to a PC with an internet connection where you can play privately [there is some adult content].

Go to:
    http://www.nightlifethegame.com/signup

Thanks!
    Kirstie

You're offering money for this? Looks super sketch. Do you have a Legal/Terms and Agreements page?
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Hi,
    I can definitely see how it would look sketchy but it's really not. It's pretty typical to use an incentive program in research that is going to take people's time. It's like when people mail you a survey with a dollar attached to get you to fill it out and send it back. It's for real, I swear. We get no money out of this whatsoever...just research that we then hope to publish.

We don't have a legal terms or agreements page but we do have approval from our University's Institutional Review Board which protects the rights of all research participants.

I'm also going to paste in some frequently asked questions. Maybe that will help?

• What’s the game like/ about? How long does it last?
    In Night Life you play in an adventure style game as an up and coming DJ, trying to make it big in the urban music scene.

You also need to pay attention to your love life when the ladies fight over you.

The game lasts about an hour, depending on how well you do! There is adult content but you can choose to play the game with the adult scenes, or turn them off.

• Who are you? What do you want? What do you get out of this? Do you get paid?

We are social scientists who study video games and what people like about them and what people can learn from them. We just want feedback on and reactions to the game. We will use what we find out to write research about how and what people can learn through playing video games. We don’t earn any $$ whatsoever.

• What do I have to do? What will happen? Do I get paid? What is the time commitment?
    The basic idea is you:
    1. Take a 20 minute on-line survey
    2. Get the unlock code for the Night Life at the end of the first survey.
    3. Download and play the game for at least an hour.
    4. Come back to the on-line survey and do another 20 minutes so we can get your immediate reactions.
    5. We’ll mail you $10 for finishing this part.
    6. We send you an email in 3 months reminding you to do another 20 minute survey on your longer-term reactions.
    7. We’ll mail you $25 dollars for staying in the study & finish the last survey.

(NOTE: Some people will be in a control condition, and will play another game. If that happens to you, you will get the unlock code for the game in 3 months, after doing the final survey.)

• What do I need?

You need to have a computer in a private location with an internet connection.

You can only play the game on one computer.

can you meet hot women in this game?

Yep.....you do get to interact with "hot" women in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightlife the Game View Post
    Yep.....you do get to interact with "hot" women in the game.
    oh I forgot to ask is this online aswell? because this sounds like a naughty game

have you played this game yourself?

also I have some other questions inappropiate questions if you know what I mean

how high would you rate this game compared to all the new games that is out and coming soon on a scale from 1 to 10
    Last edited by Newkeh; 06-23-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Yes, the game is online...you get a code to unlock it if you qualify to fill out the survey.

I helped design the game so I've played it exhaustively.

Not sure what you mean by inappropriate questions but it is an adult oriented game with adult themes and adult content...you have to be 18.

As for rating the game, we certainly did not have close to the budget of major games coming out right now but we think it's a fun game and quite unique.

This thread is still up???

Seems like Spam to me. *shrugs*

this game sounds pretty ballin lol

jeez who cares about the money, i wanna get game laid. woot *runs off to play*

Thread Information