Default GTA IV System Requirements Exception

Okaaay. I was checking the system requirements for GTA 4 (PC Version) and need some guidance. I well-exceed their requirements in every area but Graphics (go figure, Intel integrated...). My question is: Would my sucky graphics card be a huge problem since I am above the recomended in every other area? specs below (wikipedia)

CPU Minimum: Intel dual-core 1.8ghz
    My CPU: Intel Pentium T4400 dual-core 2.2ghz

RAM Minimum: 1.5gb for Vista
    My RAM: 3gb/Win 7

HDD space not a problem (300gb to spare =] )

Minimum Graphics (eek): 256 MB Nvidia 7900 / 256 MB ATI X1900
    Mine: Intel GMA x4500m onboard

Sound: Direct X 9c compatible (I KNOW it's at least 9...maybe even 10. graphics are 10)

...and yes i have internet

Thank you guys sooo much for your help and srry if I posted in the wrong place. I'm new here.

I would say run the game and see how it works first off and it works fine your set if you have some issues,graphics related, just tone down the graphics and you will be set.

You'd be surprised how much trouble graphics can give you. The game will probably run but even with low settings, with the intel integrated card, you might get single digit FPS in the game and it won't be fun.

If you have $50-$60 to spare, then you could get a GPU that can run the game as well as other games without a problem.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I would, but it's in a laptop...so to my knowledge isn't RAM the only upgradeable part of a laptop?

Ram, harddrive, and network card

If i remember correctly from my computer class back in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by xvenger2 View Post
    I would, but it's in a laptop...so to my knowledge isn't RAM the only upgradeable part of a laptop?
    You can upgrade any part of the laptop if you know how to. They're just more expensive and the parts usually have to be customized for the case which could be harder to find in the case of a graphics card, especially an intel integrated one because there may not be room on the motherboard or case for an addon card.

So the only thing you could do right now is get the game and give it a go on low settings. I know it'll run but I doubt it'll run smoothly for you.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

This is why I hate laptops. The only you can do with a laptop (excluding people who have a in-depth knowledge of laptops) is configure the settings in the game to run worse and worse until it works. If you don't like that idea, you could probably go onto the internet and find a set of instructions to replace the graphics card in your laptop. of course that would be another $50 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffles View Post
    you could probably go onto the internet and find a set of instructions to replace the graphics card in your laptop. of course that would be another $50 or so.
    (all?) laptops have such a delicate architecture (or chipsets instead of full video cards) that make this impossible. If were to hear about a laptop that you could change the graphics card in I'd be very, very surprised... all I was aware you can change are RAM (if they provide you with auxiliary slots for it) or the hard drive (if you wanna open up your baby.) Apparently, you can change the network card on some laptops too (as Joker pointed out.)
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

I would be surpised if your laptop can even run GTA with a integrated GPU. BUT! you always got GTA San Andreas!!!

Thread Information