Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Damage's Dailys

Default Damage's Dailys

Sooooo...

Lately I've been looking up inspirational quotes and things to help me try to find my center/balance again, because let's be honest... I haven't been myself lately. So I've been finding stuff to help me calm down, feel better... what have you.. and I got to thinking... why not share them with you.

So here we go.. Damage's Daily tidbits of awesomeness.

~The beauty of life is, while we cannot undo what is done,
    we can see it, understand it, learn from it and change.
    So that every new moment is spent not in regret, guilt, fear or anger,
    but in wisdom, understanding and love.
    - Jennifer Edwards~

~How does this affect me?
    It doesn't.
    These reported events are like an arrow shot at my heart but it lands at my feet.
    I choose not to bend over, pick it up, and stab myself with it.
    -Unknown~

~Pain is inevitable, Misery is optional
    -Unknown~

~Conquer the angry man by love.
    Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness.
    Conquer the miser with generosity.
    Conquer the liar with truth.
    -The Dhammapada~

~Acceptance of others, their looks, their behaviors, their beliefs, bring you an inner peace and tranquillity -- instead of anger and resentment.
    - Unknown

~Responsibility does not only lie with the leaders of our countries or with those who have been appointed or elected to do a particular job. It lies with each of us individually. Peace, for example, starts within each one of us. When we have inner peace, we can be at peace with those around us. When our community is in a state of peace, it can share that peace with neighboring communities, and so on."
    - Dalai Lama~

~“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”~

I love this and want that to be known
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Cool....my favorite qoutes come from the great Yogi Berra
    "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."

Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.

"I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?"

"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."

Pretty kuwl idea for a thread, Damage. Me likes it. I dun like when my friends are havin' a difficult time, it makes me wanna kick whoever's ass that's makin' 'em feel that way. But if it's something abstract then I'll just try to cheer ya up instead. ^_^
    Forgiveness is a six gun, teach me how to shoot. The truth is like a moving target, forgiveness is a six gun.
    There is no forgiveness.

Forgiveness Is A Six Gun - DevilDriver

give me the strength to change what i can the patience to accept what i cannot and the wisdom to know the difference.

A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood.
    George S. Patton

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.
    George S. Patton

Better to fight for something than live for nothing.
    George S. Patton

Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.
    George S. Patton

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.
    George S. Patton

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
    George S. Patton

I really love this thread
    One of my favorite quotes is
    Pain is inevitable, Misery is optional
    Unknown

I found a few more
    "Try not to be a man of success but a man of value"
    Albert Einstein

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.
    "Jawaharal Nehru"

"Kind words are the music of the world"
    F. W. Faber

"Arguing with a fool proves there are two"
    Doris M. Smith

"The less people speak of there greatness, the more we think of it"
    Lord Bacon

"It requires less character to discover the faults of others than is does to tolerate them."
    J. Petit Senn
    Last edited by Iceskater101; 07-31-2010 at 03:07 PM.

made by Th3-Devils-Princess
    Joe Mauer is the best catcher

Quote Originally Posted by SbsJokerlockdown View Post
    give me the strength to change what i can the patience to accept what i cannot and the wisdom to know the difference.
    So close but it's actually the serenity prayer....

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
    Enjoying one moment at a time;
    Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
    Taking, as He did, this sinful world
    as it is, not as I would have it;
    Trusting that He will make all things right
    if I surrender to His Will;
    That I may be reasonably happy in this life
    and supremely happy with Him
    Forever in the next.
    Amen.

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.
    George S. Patton
    Jak I love that.... <3

and iceskater.. I loved all of yours...

Here are my daily quotes for you.

“Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.”

“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”
    -August Wilson

“I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.”
    -Anais Nin

"Storms make trees take deeper roots"
    -Dolly Parton

“There are two ways of exerting one's strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.”
    -Booker T. Washington

“You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her”

“The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart”
    -Helen Keller

I absolutely love Marilyn Monroe...

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
    — Marilyn Monroe

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
    — Marilyn Monroe

"When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them."
    — Marilyn Monroe

"She was a girl who knew how to be happy even when she was sad. And that’s important—you know "
    — Marilyn Monroe

"I don't mind making jokes, but I don't want to look like one."
    — Marilyn Monroe

"This life is what you make it. Not matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, somg go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And babe, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up becuase if you give up, you'll never find your soul mate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about."
    — Marilyn Monroe

I dun have too many quotes, but here's a few:

(Here's kinda a funny one for ya. ^_^)

"Cherish all your happy moments: they make a fine cushion for old age."
    Christopher Marley

(A little more serious for ya )

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."
    Eddie Cantor

That's all I got atm though. lol Not nearly as impressive as the others, but I tried. ^_^
    Forgiveness is a six gun, teach me how to shoot. The truth is like a moving target, forgiveness is a six gun.
    There is no forgiveness.

Forgiveness Is A Six Gun - DevilDriver

I was close damage i should still get a cookie.

"It is better to talk to a man for 20 minutes instead of fighting him for two" - Professor Walters.

Thread Information