Talking So you like CoD: Black Ops?

Call of Duty: Black Ops.

A name that will echo until Tuesday September 14, 2010. Have you ever wondered why Treyarch was so quick to get a new trailer online, when Modern Warfare 2 took nearly 2 years? Activision heard Bungie was coming out with another Halo game. After crapping their pants, they called their brother and told them:
    "OH SHI- TREYARCH, BUNGIEZ CUMMEN OWT WITH ANOTHER HAYLOW, GET WERKIN NAO11!1!!11!one+shift!1!!1"

And so Black Ops was to be. Thu edn.

Your opinions?

Halo: Reach will have the spotlight but like Halo 3 and even Halo 2 the spotlight will fade after some time and another war type game will come out and take its place.

BFBC 2 took some people away from the Halo series, so did MW2.

honestly there is no real reason for them to crap themselves because of reach. It is the last game being made by bungie everything else will be made by 343 industry.

Black ops looks really awesome at the moment and after I get Halo reach and warcraft paid off I might preorder that. But Im not sure.

You have no idea how much the zealot- I mean Halofags are obsessed with this new one. I mean, seriously, unless god himself comes down from heaven and fornicated on top of every disc AS YOU PLAY IT, and a river of ecstacy flows from your skull, there's going to be mass rioting.

I think the netgain on CoD: BO will be..... Optimistically, $20M. Optimistically.

They don't care because they dont have much riding on Black OPs it's Activision that stands the most to lose but they dont care because they last 3 COD's outsold the Halo's so why would they care?

Activision:
    "MAKE MOAR GAMES."
    Treyarch:
    "Can't we go back to WWII?"
    Activision:
    "NO U GOTTA DO THINGS WITH EXPLOSHUNZ, HAYLOW HAZ EKSPLOASHUNZ."
    Treyarch:
    "But Halo is set in the future...-"
    Activision:
    "THEN MAKE A SPACE GAEM"

halos pretty fun but i perfer CoD and i can't wait for black ops

That was liek, the most generic statement in existence.

I hope the whatever "Nazi Zombies" equivalent is good, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by QuietGrave View Post
    You have no idea how much the zealot- I mean Halofags are obsessed with this new one. I mean, seriously, unless god himself comes down from heaven and fornicated on top of every disc AS YOU PLAY IT, and a river of ecstacy flows from your skull, there's going to be mass rioting.

I think the netgain on CoD: BO will be..... Optimistically, $20M. Optimistically.
    Im a fan of halo, and ive enjoyed the series. I am looking forward to this new one, finally get to see what started the war. Yes there are alot of people out there, which their numbers mean nothing compared to the casual gamer, who believe that halo is perfect and everything else is crap.

There is no real reason to be throwing around halofag or zealot. People enjoy the game and everything. I myself like to vary from Halo to CoD, to anything else that peaks my interest.

Netgain on a game that has yet to shown anything more than a 3 minute teaser of MP is not logical. You cant make a guess off something when all the facts arent there.

Call of Duty Black Ops is awesome especially when you LAN this game with your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul View Post
    Call of Duty Black Ops is awesome especially when you LAN this game with your friends.
    I just played two games online. See opinions below:

*I can still hear footsteps.

I read somewhere on the internetz that it was hard to hear footsteps of enemies. This is untrue, although when battle gets heavy it can get suppressed in the compression of the audio. *cough*

*The graphics aren't really THAT much cartoonier-ish

I read somewhere on the internetz that it looked more like a cartoon than a real world. This is also true, but like stated above it's not THAT much cartoonier-ish. Sure, it looks a little glossy here and there. You can tell they really applied a lot of saturation in the colors. But...it's not like Zelda vs. Kevin Costner in Water World for Gamecube graphics.

*Not much has changed...

There seems to be a little bit more of a resistance when looking left and right, but other than that everything else seems pretty much the same. Honestly I got owned in those two games, and two games isn't enough to really compare it to MW2...but I definitely wanted to clear up the footsteps thing and the graphics thing for anyone else out there who might've heard the same thing(s).

Thread Information